How healthy is this,what I ate today or am I greedy

bexxie

Reaction score
How healthy is this? Too healthy or too piggy or what woudl like some answers now also bear in mind I am pregnant or wouldnt eat this amount.

Breakfast: All bran full fat milk (good for bubs) and banana

Snack: 2 eat natural nut bars + freshly squeezed orange juice

Lunch: Beef casserole with sweet potato,parsnips,turnip,leek,carrots in with mash po and broccoli and cauli

Desert:Fruit salad HM, kiwi,mango,raspberry,red/green grapes,orange

Tea: Egg on wholemeal bread and butter (real butter) salad consisting of radishes,lettuce,celery,cucumber,cherry toms and corn
and banana

Organic Choc crepe just now

DRINKS:

2 coffees (no sugar)
2 teas (no sugar)

2 litres of orange barley squash (I know but better than plain water)
Just had HM mango and apple juiced so a glass

Thats it am I a pig coz I am still hungry!!!!!!

Thats really healthy! a good variety there, I havent got half that stuff in my house!

Im gonna have a healthy tea, salmon with jacket potato and veggies!

I don't think it is greedy if you are hungry
what a well balanced pig out though!!!
Remember you are eating for two

I would say thats a perfectly fine amount of food PG or not (portion size depending of course) Its good also that you having healthy snacks throughtout the day instead of just hving big meals, as this is a lot easier on the body to digest, and keeps your blood sugar levels consistant throughout the day! If you are eating a healthy balanced diet, you can eat plently, being healthy doesnt mean starving yourself, its about eating the right thing and plently of, your body suffers just as much froem eating to little as eating to much, to many people make the mistake of eating less when they diet and this does no good at all.

As for eating for two, well you shouldnt really do this at all, you should eat eaxaclt the same amount of calories for the first half, and after that its only a slight increase of something like 200cal more a day. But your right on increasing your calcium intake, as bub will be sucking it all right out of your bones, hence why women are more prone to ostoperosis, also be sure of getting plently of iron as iron deficiencies are also common in pregnancy.

It was tongue in cheek the eating for two, sorry hadn't sussed smilies properly:)

Cat out of interest are you a nutritionist? you know so much about how everything works:)

It was tongue in cheek the eating for two, sorry hadn't sussed smilies properly:)

Cat out of interest are you a nutritionist? you know so much about how everything works:)

Not qualified or anything, I just studied diet and nutrition with the OU for a year, still have my books and bits, and its something I have a general interest in. Plus growing up with a body builder as a brother rubs off.

I find it really interesting that you know so much about it, hope you didn't think i was being sarky or owt :s

No worries, Ihave only just noticed the lack of emoticons at the mo on new look site, this is the first time Ihaven been on to see it, need to go find my way round now, got loads of posts to catch up on.

Well today (this could be a diary,lol) was:

Breakfast: Bran Flakes with an apple and banana,2 slices Wholegrain Bread (duchy stuff from Waitrose)

Snack: 2 petit filous yogurts and an oat cake

Lunch: Open sandwich with Chicken and Salad (from yesterday) packet of Hula Hoops (slap my wrists!) chunck of cheese and 6 cubes of Green and blacks choccie (milk one blue packet)

Snack: Kiwi and another yogurt with glass of milk

Dinner: Dave made a HM Paella with Chicken and Chorizio bloody lovely bit on bland side for the rice tho but still good. Spinach and Avocado salad on side,with Cherry Toms and Rocket/Lambs Lettuce

Drinks: 1 litre water (good girl)
2 glasses of Orange barley
1 glass milk
1 slice of lemon in hot water (this is lush)

And it is only 4.45pm oh god what else will I have lol,prob have the remains of yesterdays fruit salad thats in bowl in fridge.

Bex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->