How l ong did it take you to conceive before miscarriage?

Lyo28

Reaction score
Just updated to add the poll as someone suggested.

Just being nosey today.

DH and I stopped using protection in about July/August last year. We were dtd regularly and I sort had an idea by my cm when I was fertile but used no OPK or temping. Then I fell pregnant in December with the use of OPKs but think that was a coincidence as the cd we conceived on we had often hit in the previous months.

So I am going to say it took 5 months!

I am really hoping it happens sooner this time fingers crossed.

We had unprotected sex once in December - we weren't trying just being careless - we were planning on starting TTC in January. One hit wonder!
I can't help thinking if I'd been actually TTC and taking my vitamins I wouldn't have had a m/c. I know that's silly but I can't help it.
Anyway this time round I am taking all my vitamins so FX'd. :flower:

Wow Hanskiz that was quick- you must be super fertile.

Isn't it funny how we can blame everything and anything on our losses. I am thinking oh maybe cos it took a while it means I am not very fertile or my eggs are bad and I will miscarry again!

It makes us crazy.

Wow Hanskiz that was quick- you must be super fertile.

Isn't it funny how we can blame everything and anything on our losses. I am thinking oh maybe cos it took a while it means I am not very fertile or my eggs are bad and I will miscarry again!

It makes us crazy.

Five months isn't very long. The average is six and many healthy couples with no issues take longer. I'm sure you are absolutely fine!!

It's odd the things we think isn't it? I think it's because it's so hard to accept that we have no control over it. I'm a total control freak so I can't bear the fact that there is nothing I can DO to stop it happening. :wacko:

That is true Hanskiz, It feels like we need to search for a reason- any reason.

Second cycle off the pill, I got my BFP, using OPKs. I got my fingers crossed it'll happen that quick this time around. :D

Second cycle off the pill, I got my BFP, using OPKs. I got my fingers crossed it'll happen that quick this time around. :D

My fingers are crossed for quick conception again too - my daughter was also a one hit wonder - but I'm equally trying really hard not to hope for it too much in case it doesn't happen. I know I'll start freaking out if I don't conceive right away so trying to prepare myself for this eventuality!!

My fingers are crossed for quick conception again too - my daughter was also a one hit wonder - but I'm equally trying really hard not to hope for it too much in case it doesn't happen. I know I'll start freaking out if I don't conceive right away so trying to prepare myself for this eventuality!!

I'm the SAME way! I told my DH that in about a month, I'll be crying cause I got a BFP or crying cause I didn't get a BFP. Either way, I'm sure I'll cry. I want it so bad, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up for if it doesn't happen.

It took us one week of trying before I became pregnant last time :thumbup: I really don't think I'm going to be that lucky again :cry:

I had the implant before ttc and it took us 6 months from the day I had it out. x

I would say we were only really trying 3 months.. but I also had Clomid and an IUI after finding out my DH had a poor SA... so not long- but I would bet it would have taken longer had we not had help.. (SIGH) frustrating bc we can't have any fertility assistance for about 3 months- and even then no guarantee it will work as quickly as it did this last go around. PRAYING! I will say though too- before that- there were quite a few nights we "winged it" and didn't use protection and I never got pregnant... so technically longer than that I would guess.

1 year before, which is why i am so gutted and scared it might take another year again...
fingers crossed it wont
xx

Had implant out December, 1 real cycle then BFP on second

11 months after stopping the pill, I really hope it doesn't take that long this time.

8 months, please let it be sooner this time!

(good question!)

This is a really interesting thread! :thumbup:
Does anyone know how to set up a poll so we can see the results visually?
It just goes to show how much it varies and what the 'normal' range is! I think it's fascinating! :thumbup:

Love the question :thumbup:

Came off BCP middle of October, had withdraw bleed five days later, period end of November and BFP December after :sex: just once (OH had a knee operation lol)

I tried the digital OPK and never got a smiley face so was mega shocked at the two lines and one :sex:

Really hoping that it's the same again but know we were lucky and will be :cry: if it doesn't happen as quick again.

XxX

We were trying for 3 months first time round and I miscarried early (only 4 and a half weeks pregnant). Then it took 17 months to fall pregnant naturally the second time. I miscarried at 12 weeks this time. We have had fertility issues on both sides. Hoping our next BFP wont take as long as our second angel.

We were trying for 3 months with no success then I bought the clearblue fertility monitor and it worked first time, its amazing. We were dtd at the wrong times I reckon before getting that monitor. I just hope that it works just as quick next time.

We were trying for 3 months with no success then I bought the clearblue fertility monitor and it worked first time, its amazing. We were dtd at the wrong times I reckon before getting that monitor. I just hope that it works just as quick next time.

Same as you! We were trying for 3 months then bought CBFM and 2 cycles later BFP!! Its bin 3 months since my m/c so i'm really hoping it won't be much longer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->