How likely to have more preemies?

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
My first born was a preemie, and I'm scared it'll happen again with the next baby. I wasn't given a reason why my son was born early, it was just labeled as spontaneous labor.

If you had a preemie, did you have a normal pregnancy next time around? Or another preemie.

What did your dr/midwives do to to prevent t?

I had 3 full term, then 2 premmies (32 & 34 weeks) This time I am 37 weeks tomorrow & feel overdue !

With the prems my waters went but no reason was found x

I think it totally depends why. If no reason was found then theres a good chance u can go to term. My first was a 27weeker. Stopped moving and I had incompetent cervix. I am now full term with my second x

Yep it depends on if you know the reason why.

I had a spontaneous labour with my 27weeker, then when she turned 1 I was pregnant again. This time we went to 40 weeks.

You might want to speak to your care provider about progesterone shots xx

My first was born at 34 weeks after waters broke. Had all the tests for cervical length and also there is a trial for progesterone but after the did the initial test they ruled that out. The only potential risk factor is a previous cervical biopsy but that link is tenuous.y second was born 11 days early.

I agree with hopeful 4 number 1-it depends on the reason for the early birth.

I had my first born at 32+5 due to severe pre eclampsia.

My second was full term, not even a whiff of high BP-he was 8 days late.

My third was born at 31wks exactly, again due to severe pre eclampsia.

I thought I was safe having a third seeing as id had a full term birth with no problems; however my body had other ideas and I felt 'different' from the minute I fell pregnant. It appears lightening really does strike twice; I was lucky not to lose my life.

I'm sure you'll be under consultant led care with baby 2 with should put your mind at rest. Good luck xx

I had a 28 weeker, then went on to have a 35 weeker. During my second pregnancy, I was on weekly progesterone injections, and had bi-weekly cervical scans, ultrasounds, and weekly NST towards the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->