How long after bloody show did you go into labor?

BRIT1416

Reaction score
Lost my mucus plug along with bright red blood, around noon or so went for a walk to see if I could get the ball rolling, and after had lots of irregular contractions and was waiting for them to become more regular and more painful but they end up fading off... Just curious how long after you had ur bloody show did labor begin? Could I still be a week away from labor??

2-3 days with ds2 but it was after a sweep so not sure if that matters.

With my 1st, it was within 12 hours my water broke. With my 2nd, it was contractions an hour after. my 3rd, lost mucus plug & had bloody show Thursday afternoon, and still just irregular contractions that start and stop.
I though after my first two that it meant labour was imminent, but not this time :( everyone is different.
Good luck! Hope things happen for you!

I had a show after my sweep with DD1.. 2 weeks later I was induced but not sure if it makes a difference that it was after a sweep

I lost mine in labour with my DS and about 2 days before I had my DS. This time I had what I think was my clody show on Monday (there wasn't a lot of blood but it was mucousy and my MW said it was most likely my show) on Monday, so 6 days and counting.

I was contracting irregularly for 12 hr, then lost my show, had a small bleed, was 1cm dilated. Then I spend a further 24 hr contracting (was all mild contractions) every 8 mins with no further progression. 15 days after that I went into labour properly.

Started losing it on the Sunday and didn't gonin to labour. Had a sweep on the Tuesday afternoon lost all my plug and massive bloody show and had baby that night x

With my last pregnancy I lost my show at 41 weeks and still had to be induced at 42 weeks x

Thanks ladies, I think I got my hopes up yesterday because I haven't had a single thing today no contractions or anything to hint labor will be soon

With ds1 i had my show about 5pm that was my first sign and then baby was born just after midnight. With ds2 I started to lose it on the Sunday and had no more signs then baby was born early Wednesday morning

Lost mine in the evening around 6pm than the next morning around 5am I was in labor so about 12 hours I would say.

It can be hours, days or weeks.

Ive only had bloody show once in labour (other than some after a sweep but totally expected)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->