how long after D&C to TTC?

serenas_song

Reaction score
Hi all,

We lost our little one at 12 weeks on Nov 26, had D&C :cry:...all I want is to be pregnant again. Bleeding has stopped, and I did a pregnancy test late last week- BFN.

My doctor told me to wait 2-3 cycles to try again, a nurse in the same office told me to wait 3-6 MONTHS. What are people telling you? How long are you waiting/did you wait?

Hello, first I'd like to say I'm so sorry for your loss. My love and I lost our angel at 9wks & I had my d/c on 8/12. I was told by my midwife that soon as AF came & all looked well we could TTC right away. Well, it took almost 11wks for my levels to come down enough for AF to arrive. My love and I are currently on our 2nd cycle trying as I am so desperate to be preggers. What I was told is that your body can sometimes recover rather quickly but its our mental state & hearts that may need that extra time. You'll know when the time is right.

God Bless and Best of Luck :hug:

Hello, I'm sorry for you for your loss. I had a D&C on Nov. 16, I was told to wait 2 cycles. AF came for the 1st time at the beginning of this month. I'm gonna let me body do what it does and Pray.

So sorry you are going through this. I have had 4 miscarriages with 2 d&c's. I see a high risk ob that is an expert in reccurent miscarriage. He has always told me that I need to wait a full cycle before trying. Which is basically 1-2 months. Whenever I have a miscarriage I usually bleed for almost a week. Then my period doesn't come for 2-3 weeks. So then after my next period I am good to go. I hope it happens quickly for you! So sorry!

I did not have a d&c but choose the cytotec supp option instead. My MD said we could try after one full cycle has passed. I am anxiously awaiting AF which should hopefully arrive in 3-4 weeks.

I've had 2 d&c's and my GP said new research shows it's better to try again as soon as the bleeding stops as you are more fertile then.The hospital said to wait one cycle for dating purposes.

So sorry for you loss first of all:hugs:

For TTC - recommended 2-3 cycles! BUT my doctor told me after one cycle it is fine to TTC. Waiting one cycle is the best because it gives you time to emotionally and physically recover, better dating for when you do get pregnant, better lining in uterus. There are ladies that have gotten pregnant before their first cycle and everything has gone swimmingly.

Good luck with your decision but waiting one cycle is probably the best IMO.

im not going to wait, i CANT wait!!! good luck x

sorry for your loss huni xx
I lost my angel at 8wk 4 days not detected until 12 week scan.
I had d&c 3rd november had bleeding for week and half and TTC straight away maybe 3 weeks after d&c. think we started to TTC to late into my cycle. Iv had my period now, 31 days after d&c which is my usual cycle length so everything appears to be back to normal.
Some docs say after bleeding, others 6 monthes!
Theres no evidence so suggest waiting any amount of time. many say 1 cycle for dating reasons but isnt that what scans are for :dohh:
So id say try when your ready, no one can give a definate answer and never been any evidence to suggest trying to soon can cause a m/c.
So get baby making! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->