How long after IVF #1 (ectopic) should we wait before IVF #2 ???

bugs

Reaction score
Just after some advice, Does anyone know how long you should wait after an ectopic before you go on to your next cycle. I know they say after a failed attempt you should have 2 periods, But as I had to have both tubes removed I don't know whether i'll have to wait longer. I feel fine now and i'm eager to go again but don't want to get my hopes up incase consultant says we have to wait. Just wanted to see if anyone had any idea's xxxx

Hi Hun
I'm glad your feeling ready to go again but I think you need to considering when you and your body with feel ready for coping with a pregnancy make sure your properly recovered first :hugs:

heya hun :hugs:

i haven't been in your situation cherub, but i have heard in previous posts that anything before the 2 months can put adverse pressure on the old ladybits (but i'm not sure of the science bit behind it).

I had an emergency gall-bladder removal earlier on this year (ironically, it was the IVF in oct that screwed with my gall bladder....) and was advised to wait a couple of months to let my body fully repair itself (which was fine for us cos we weren't originally looking til next year anyway). Granted, that's nowt like having tubes removed, but i was thinking more along the surgery and repair lines.

When's your next consultant appointment? it's all about the waiting isn't it - drives you bloody :wacko: - i tell you what, we need to be awarded some kind of sainthood for the patience we develop.....

thinking of you hun, take care of yourself x x x x

I know the waiting I think is the worst, I feel like I wish my life away. We go to see the consultant on the 14th September so by that point I will have had 2 periods and I am hoping they will start on my October cycle so 3 periods before we do transfer. I do feel ready but as you say I don't want to rush into it too soon and then have to go through it all again xxxx

hope you don't mind me posting, i'm new on here. i had an ivf ectopic in july (on dh birthday) and had my right tube repaired and hoping left side ok, i'm waiting to see the consultant in november to see when we can start cycling again...even though i'm dreading it. i just want to give you big hugs as i know exactly what you are going through.

hope you don't mind me posting, i'm new on here. i had an ivf ectopic in july (on dh birthday) and had my right tube repaired and hoping left side ok, i'm waiting to see the consultant in november to see when we can start cycling again...even though i'm dreading it. i just want to give you big hugs as i know exactly what you are going through.

Hi Joelle, At my appointment with the consultant he said I had to wait until January but I start my down regs in December so a bit of a wait but i'm actually quite glad i'm taking full advantage of a few nights out and some festive fun before I become a mum. So I would have thought you will be about the same, It's so shitty isn't it getting that BFP only to find out it's ectopic wouldn't wish it on anyone !!!

Good Luck for your next cycle xxx

Bugs so sorry for your loss ectopics are very hard. I've had 3 and finally just lost my last tube in June due to one. IVF is now our only hope also. We have no ideal when we will start as we have to be matched up with a clinic because of a scholarship we received to do the IVF. The good news is with no tubes we should no longer have to deal with ectopics any longer. Best of luck to you hopefully we will be cycling around the same time.

Thanks puppymom, What i've been through is nothing compared to your journey xx Here's hoping that the IVF will work this time and babies will stick in the right place. Good Luck hun i'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->