How long after stopping bc did you get af?

minni2906

Mommy to Emily
Reaction score
I'm just curious as I've just stopped bc to begin NTNP. Wanted some other perspectives.. how long after you stopped bc did it take for you to get af or have withdrawel bleeding?

Hi Minni.

I had my normal withdrawel bleed within 4 days, and i had my first natural period after 33 days.

Don't stress, ive heard so many horror stories about going off BC, and i didn't really get any side affects. My cycles are a little long (around 35 days now) but i think that's just me.

Do you remember what your cycles were like before BC? Unless you have another condition it should go back to normal fairly soon =)

Hello mini

Sorry I can't answer your question, I have the same question really :wacko:

I have just recently come off BC April 9th. I had my normal withdrawal bleed and haven't had anything since I am now on day 32 so I am praying something happens soon so that I know I am getting back to normal.

Jo

I came off Cerazette (mini pill) and had a very heavy period six weeks later! Currently on CD29, no sign of AF & a BFN! So we'll see! Hoping that if I'm not pregnant, AF shows up soon so I know my cycles are at least back to normal!

I appreciate the input, ladies!! Good news, I started af today. :) Now, here's hoping I either get a decent length cycle or a BFP!!!

I got mine 4 days after and for a regualr cycle length. However now I am 5 days late....

Hi Hun :)

I had my withdrawal bleed as normal and then it was a very long 43 day cycle!

I'm currently on cycle 2 and I'm so far on cycle day 35... Took a test this morning... Was bfn so AF should turn up soon hopefully!

Iv heard loads of horror stories also about cycles after bc! I really hope my cycles regulate quickly!

Good luck ntnp! :) xx

What birth control was you on?

I was on depo and my next shot was due feb this year so I'm still waiting on the return of my periods x

I stopped taking microgestin last week and two days later started bleeding..still currently going.

I was on tricyclen-lo and I got my withdrawl on time, and my first cycle was 29 days, so normal!

I hope the first month off goes well for you!

I was on camrese lo. With that you only get af every three months. I stopped mid pack though so I wasn't sure how long it would take for me to get af. I am done af now. Time to :sex: :)

I stopped withdrawal bleeding today and was wondering do I start counting today/tomorrow and go until I get a period? Will that number be how long my cycles are? I feel like a total goof having to ask this but I never got serious about baby talk or anything before now so Im just trying to figure it all out. Any help would be appreciated.

I had withdrawl right away, then 35 days later af. Which was longer then I was used to so I bought probably 10 pregnancy tests. But now she is back to her normal 29/30 day length.

Unfortunately I have no input for you as this is the first time I've come off bcp to ttc. When I came off depo in May 2011, I didn't even get af until November and then was without again until February. My cycles finally regulated and I went back on it for 6 months before switching to bcp for 4 months which brings us to now!

The first day you get AF is Day 1.

I was on the pill for about 11 years. My first full cycle after stopping bc was 26 days. My second cycle was 35 days. I'm now on day 13 of my third cycle and hoping that it will regulate soon. Best wishes to all of you!

I went off the pill towards the end of Nov 2011. I was pregnant by Oct. Never got AF. Lol

I went off birth control in January and every period since then has been completely normal and relatively regular, although I didn't take an exact day count. I had read that they are usually wonky for a couple of months, so I was quite surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->