how long and how much?

T

tinytoes

How long does dinner time take at yours? And how much does your baby eat? (At what age??)

I'm trying to feed Teddy up a bit (his weight is ok, but he'd slipped down slightly on the rate of weight gain graph thing at the docs so she said for her to be "really" pleased he'd gain weight a bit faster for a bit) so he's eating about 300g per meal - a small jar size of fuit puree and double of savoury, plus bread and some veges to hand hold and nibble. And maybe a rusk. Per meal. Its seems a lot for him, and takes up to an hour per meal (!!? is this normal?!) , but I'm hoping that by the next time we see doc he'll be a bit porkier. He seems happy with it.
We do this twice a day, plus breakfast of baby porridge and toast and 1 or 2 snacks of yogurt and fruit during the day.

I am a bit amazed and quite how much Teddy is eating tbh! Alasdair is 75th percentile (for height and weight) and seems happy on 190g. Usually less actually. He does have snacks but it's maybe half a rusk or half a banana. If he's having just finger food it's probably about the same...maybe even less because I'm not forcing it in. He probably takes an hr with finger food but half an hr or so with me spoon feeding him.

Depending on how hungry he is dinner time could be nearly an hour in our house too!

My baby is 7 1/2 months.
For breakfast he gets one weetabix with milk or the same amount of ready brek. If he is still hungry I wait a while and if he is definitely still hungry I give another half portion then fruit if needed.

Today for lunch he didn't eat much by his standards, just the portion I put out which was half a slice of bread thickly spread with cream cheese, a stick of cheddar cheese and a slice of ham. If it's something with bread I start him with half a slice then do more if needed.

My baby always seems to eat more when he has the same as us, which he usually does. I always think it is because he sees his daddy (he adores daddy!) eating it so he wants it too.

I've been advised to give him lots of water to help fill him up at mealtimes cos my baby is SO big so maybe you could try the opposite?

Takes us about 10 mins haha... but she doesnt have that much, half a jar, plus about 6 teaspoons of rice cereal with 3oz milk mixed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->