How long before dtd?

lillme

Reaction score
Sorry for the intimate question but I feel like after I gave birth my hormones and attractive to my DH went sky high.
We don't want another so soon & need to go to my gp regarding birth control. But how long was it before you felt ready and able?
My daughter is 6 days old & I literally couldn't keep my hands off him this morning that we ended up dtd, which as a FTM I thought would be excruciating, but wasn't!

You should at least wait 6 weeks! The reason why is, because where your placenta was, is now a big hole, so it's like an open wound. And since your cervix is open too, it's easy for germs to get in there and getting an infection.
Me personally, I'm 7 monts pp and still didn't dtd. But that's because I had complications healing after birth and had my second surgery that I'm recovering from now and hopefully after that it'll be fine.

Wow! It's been nearly 10 weeks for me and I'm too scared!!

For us it was 5 weeks, but I had a c section, and think it would have been sooner if I wasn't so sore and could move more.

Almost 6 weeks pp here and we still havent dtd yet. Tbh its more because we havent had the time and are so tired. My doctor said we could as soon as I felt ready but be sure to get some form of birth control or you could end up with irish twins. :)

Wow ok there's a lot of variations! Irish twins wouldn't be amusing as that's were I live!!
I haven't had any I'll affects and asked my midwife who said as long as I felt ready and my birth was straight forward. It's few and far between now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->