• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How long before labor after bloody show?

junbait

Reaction score
As the title asks... how long did it take for you to go into true labor after a bloody show?

With my first, I had my bloody show after my contractions had already started. With my second, I had my bloody show and then went into labor the following day. With my third, I never had a real bloody show (must have happened when I was in the hospital), but I did have a teeny bit of spotting one week before labor.

It was over a week after with my first. Close to 2 weeks I think.

With my first, I was in early labour (light contractions) for a day before having a bloody show. I went into the hospital shortly after seeing the show, which was early Sundaymorning. Labour continued but I didn't have the baby until Monday afternoon at 3 pm (with induction). So with my first it was almost 36 hrs after seeing the show that I delivered.

With my 2nd, the show was one of my first signs (and pelvic pressure). I had the show at 9:30 pm, went into labour immediately after, and delivered 8:30 pm the next morning!-less than 12 hrs after the show.

Didn't have any bloody show with my first but my waters broke before contractions started (that I was aware of). Second had my bloody show on the Thursday morning, continued losing plug over the next few days and went into labour on the saturday so 2 days

I never had bloody show until i had internal at hosp i was 5-6cm.

I lost my mucus plug(with blood) Last week monday and still nothing. The baby is not even engaged yet

I didn't have one with my first but with my second I had one after my sweep on the friday and had her early hours of Sunday morning.

I've heard that it can come away at any point and re grow :wacko:

I had my bloody show during early labour with my first :)

I honestly don't remember if I had bloody show with DS1. I do remember starting to lose my mucus plug about two weeks before he was due. I may have had bloody show roughly a week before I was due, more or less. I still ended up being induced at 41 weeks, but I was in latent labor during this whole time.

SIL had one last week - still no baby, she's beside herself poor girl :(. xx

Thanks ladies! I am not ready for the baby to come out before due date, so it gives me hope that there is a chance baby might not come for atleast two weeks after a show!

I am also assuming what I had was a bloody show. It was a lot of my mucus plug with brown blood. I have never seen so much mucus in one blob like that during pregnancy before. As for other signs... I only have had BH contractions which are completely painless so far and noticed extremely mild period cramps coming and going last night. So mild I had to pay attention to them or else I would miss them completely.

I had what I thought was my bloody show on the Sunday, but I think it ended up just being the result of an internal.. It was like dark red period-type blood, with little clots. But then the next day I got what was definitely more of a show - pink-tinged mucus. After this I didn't go into labour until the following Sunday... I feel like that's not so common though! May just be that I had the internal and it stirred everything inside. Have you had one lately..? If not, could be a good sign!

I lost a LOT more of it when I was actually in labour too.

I had what I thought was my bloody show on the Sunday, but I think it ended up just being the result of an internal.. It was like dark red period-type blood, with little clots. But then the next day I got what was definitely more of a show - pink-tinged mucus. After this I didn't go into labour until the following Sunday... I feel like that's not so common though! May just be that I had the internal and it stirred everything inside. Have you had one lately..? If not, could be a good sign!

I lost a LOT more of it when I was actually in labour too.

I lost more mucus with more brown blood around 30 minutes ago. So it looks like its my plug coming off. I would not expect this much brown blood 3 days after an internal exam. Also, I have never had any bleeding with any of my internal exams before, not even tinges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->