How long between cramps and your first real contraction?

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I've been having mildly annoying menstrual cramps on and off all night that have continued through this morning. I'm not timing them but if I had to guess every 5 or 10 mins or so. They're not painful, just annoying with no tightening.

For those of you that had these how long before you had your first noticable contraction??

For me with my my first and second, I had mild menstrual like cramps for almost the whole night, so about 8 hours or so before I knew it was time, in a way it was good because I was able to rest during my early labor...hth ;)

My first labour started with strong BH type cramps but they were not regular and gradually they got closer together and more painful. My second labour started with menstral type cramps. It was 5 days before my due date and I was 10 days late with my 1st so didn't pay much attention to start with. They were so mild I didn't really notice them unless I paid attention to them. After I had had them most of the day I sat down and timed them and realised they were regular. That night I started having stronger irregular BH contractions like with my 1st which built up over the night until they were painful and more regular. I was in established labour by late morning.

Thanks girls. I can't say they're regular yet and definitely not hurting, ill just wait it out some more. ..

I didnt have any BH or cramping before my first real contractions, but they started out so far apart I didn't know what they were. Then they got closer together and I started timing them and realized they were coming every 10-12 minutes and that's when I began to suspect early labor. Mine stayed 10-12 minutes for awhile and didn't start to become "painful" until they were like 5 minutes apart. I would time them and If they're regular I would say that it's probably early labor contractions that are either fizzling out or still trying to build up momentum. I've heard woman can be in early labor for days sometimes, maybe without even realizing it. Definitely a sign your bodies gearing up at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->