How long bleed for?

BabyHope1978

Reaction score
Hello,

Earlier this week I suffered an early miscarriage. I had not found out i was pregnant on Sunday (at approx 18 dpo - viewed as 5 weeks pregnant based on first day of last period) and then started bleeding on Wednesday, getting a miscarriage confirmed on Friday at the early pregnancy unit. They tested me for pregnancy after my scan to check for possible ectopic pregnancy, and it was already showing as negative, suggesting I had begun the miscarriage about the same time as I actually got my BFP. The can showed that much of the uterus lining had already gone. I have already nearly stopped bleeding-just light spotting now. Has anyone else had similar - I think I've probably actually bled slightly less than a normal period, but definitely was very different to a normal one.

For others of you who have had an early miscarriage, is this a normal length if time?

I mc around 7-8 weeks.. bled for 5 days on my own and had a d&c so I can't really say- I know anything is normal honestly .. you can bleed 3-4 days or 3-4 weeks! I'm sorry you're going through this hun! :hugs:

I had very similar to you. I got my bfp on the sunday and started bleeding on tuesday, got early MC confirmed on the thursday using hcg levels as too early to see anything on scan (4 weeks). I only bled for three days and it was different to a normal period, it was lighter but more crampy.
x

Sorry to hear about your loss hunni.:flower:

I think everyones different.....

I was 6+2 and started bleeding on a monday (not as heavy as my normal af) By wednesday it had calmed down and by sat I was just really lightly spotting. I normally have v heavy af and this was a light bleed for what I normally have. I did a hpt on the thurs and had no lines so my hcg had dropped really quickly.

Hi,
I started bleeding at 5 weeks on the Monday, and had stopped by the end of Tues, then had just a bit of brown spotting on the Wednesday and Thursday, and had a BFN on a hpt on Thursday.
All over very quickly, so had a scan the following Friday to make sure it was gone, and was told all was ok and that I'd just ovulated again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->