How long can you keep Banana....

GlamourPuss

Mum to Jennifer
Reaction score
...in the fridge for? Its in a lil storage tub with a secure lid on it. Just wondered how long you can keep it for cos the top layer seems to be goin black...i know banana goes black anyway but how long is best?

Thanks xx:hug:

EDIT BANANA UPDATE
taken from Heinzbaby.co.uk
With the fruit, choose a sweet variety of apple or pear. Peel, core and chop, then gently heat in a pan with just enough water or milk. Puree and/or sieve. Divide into small portions such as in an ice-cube tray. Allow to cool and freeze. Carry out the same preparation for the vegetables. Ripe bananas may only need to be pureed with a little of baby's usual milk (not suitable for freezing)

Hey hun don't know if this helps but i do all my cooking from the annabel karmel book and iv just had a look for you...the only thing it does say is that bananas are best served straight away otherwise they discolour...and to look out for little brown spots on the banana skin to make sure it is really ripe...

Don't know if it helps xx

thanks for that, was just wondering if there was a time limit...i'll throw it out don't wanna risk anything!!

Thanks again

i freeze mine in mashed up cubes. It does discolour but LO doesnt seem to mind. He gobbles it down!

I didn't think you cud freeze banana either lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->