How long did it take you to conceive?

blakesmummy09

Mum to Blake and Eevie
Reaction score
Hey girls I was curious about how everyone is so different and how long it took for you to convince? x

Longest 9 months and the shortest a one off 'whoops'

First time, 18 months - needed IVF/ICSI.
This time, just one cycle :) very lucky!

First time 12 months. Second time 3 months. First time actively charting and using opk for 5 months and this time using opk for three months. This time we only dtd twice and not actually on ovulation day, just goes to show it can happen lol X x x

5 months on and off for this one but I only used opk for the last two attempts

#1 took 3 months

this pregnancy took 17 months.

Both pregnancys first cycle of actively trying, after coming off of the pill & having a natural period x

DS1 - 8 years ago was a surprise we were definitely not trying!
DS2 - took 18 months (2nd month with clomid & trigger shots concieved)
This bump - took 6 months with clomid & trigger shots ~(got the ball rolling earlier since I knew I wasn't ovulating from the problems from DS2)

:)

Starting trying properly in Dec/Jan, caught first cycle but ended in MC Feb..caught pretty much right away again with just one period after mc (although it was longest cycle ever) x

Instantly with my first, wasn't even trying! :haha: Then for my second it took just over a year. :)

1st and 2nd babies were within 2ish cycles. Then 6 months for 3rd which wnded in m/c 2 months later another m/c then right on the 12 month mark we got pregnant using withdrawal method! And this pregnancy was very unplanned, we were using protection.

Took 20 months of TTCing with DS.

This current one caught us off guard after 5 months of NTNP on and off.

Ds1 was a surprise, ds2 took 3 years with 5 losses!!! And this baby was tried for, for a year with 2 losses, I gave up and got a surprise the next month=')

Ds1 18 months
Ds2 surprise, my oldest was 8 months old, and we were using condoms
Dd1 surprise, my second was 2 months old, and I was on the pill
Current 6 months, started trying when my third was 6 months old, but I only ovulated once that whole time - the cycle when I got pregnant

I have PCOS, hypothyroidism, am overweight, etc. I was classed as infertile by several doctors before conceiving my first, and although I don't ovulate often, they're all natural pregnancies with no interventions at any point.

This is our first and it took about 8 or 9 tries... Though only about 6 of those were timed properly :)

First time every time... I was extremely surprised, I thought I would be waiting years...

6 months for #1, 3 years for #2 (2nd tri mc), then 3 months but we hadn't actually started trying again yet.

My first took three months of trying. We just started trying and got pregnant right away this time around. I had been off of my pill for a few months though due to migraines so I think my cycles were just very regular when we started.

2 months with my first and 1 month with my 2nd.

1st- one cycle, chemical pregnancy
2nd- 5 months, now my 2yo son
3rd- 9 months, miscarried 9 weeks
4th- 3 months to my shock, so far healthy pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->