How long did you breastfeed

How do triplet mommies do it???

With great dedication! And I am guessing a tight schedule. I have not met many twin mommies that EBF (no bottles) let alone triplet mommies.

But it is different nursing different ages, different sized mouths have different depth latches and larger children drain a breast faster and better. My nipples had a hard time going back and forth. If I missed one session with my older baby, I got clogged ducts, etc.

I am almost at 6 weeks which im really pleased about! I said id try for 6 months but if i get that far and there are no issues then i will probably continue to a year and then reassess it then!

Smileyfaces, good approach! It does get easier as it goes on. Even now at 9.5 months I still get some periods where I feel trapped and bothered. But it helps to reminds myself that this time where they need the nourishment and comfort is so small and it's a great way to bond with baby.

I hope to continue to a year, would be happy to stop any time past then and will TTC when he is 15 months. But there is research to suggest breastmilk is beneficial into the second year of life.

My son self weaned at 17 months. I was hoping to make it a year and a half but he stopped showing interest over about a 6 week period.

With this baby, I'm hoping for the same!

My oldest self weaned at 2 and a half years when I was 6 months pregnant. My daughter is 7 weeks and going strong. Do what works for you

All of my boys nursed until 2-1/2 and my baby girl is still nursing at 18 months. I tandem nursed with all of them.

Between 7 and ten months with mine. I always had a precarious milk supply and it dried up quickly when I went back to work each time. I'm happy I did the 'exclusive' but but ideally would've done a bit longer

I have decided to continue we both enjoy it so why not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->