how long did you labour?

hazzabeanie

mum of 2
Reaction score
my sister is at the hospital as I type, she was 2cm on thurs then yesterday around midday started getting contractions she finally went in at 9pm at 11pm she was in the pool and they said 5cm right up until 7am this morning she was only 7cm her waters havnt broke and shes in the midwfe led unit so they wont break them, she didn't like gas and air and hasn't had anything else shes obviously completely knackered my dad is in the waiting room keeping me updated how much longer can it take?? I just feel so sorry for her. was wondering how much longer it will be. with both mine they broke my waters harry was born at 36 weeks and I was 9cm when they broke them molly was born at 37 weeks and I was 7cm when they broke them with both I gave birth withing half hour of them being broken??

My labour was 38hrs total. I stayed at 6cm for a lot of hrs. I didn't wan't my waters broken because it can put a lot of stress on the baby if you do it too soon but eventually we decided to do it. I think it did speed things up a bit but it was probably another 4hrs before I started pushing and I pushed for an hr. I was very tired but I managed to take a couple of small naps between contractions which helped. I think it is amazing what we can take when we need to.

With my first it was about 36 hours and second time it was about 21 hours. Hope her little one is here soon for her!

I laboured for about 40 hours and only got to 4cm they gave me pitocin and I shot to 9cm within like an hour. Baby's heart rate was very low so I had an emcs anyway after all that time!

17 hours for me.

Woke at 3am to use the loo, saw I'd had my show and felt my first contraction shortly afterwards. Left for hospital around 2pm and was 4cm dilated so considered to be in 'active labour'. Baby finally delivered just before 8pm.

6 hours with my first... Went hospital at 6 cms but they didn't break my waters so I was left longer then needed.. Once my waters broke my daughter was out 9 mins later... Xx

About 11.5 hours with my first, but 4 hours of that was pushing (she was back to back and turning, which is why it took so long). If she hadn't been in such an awkward position, I think it would have been much faster. I was in established labour and then fully dilated really quickly, but I was also at home. I don't think it would have been so quick if I'd been in hospital.

thanks girls they broke her waters after 20hrs!!! he was born with the cord round his neck blue, he had to go to neonatal and have help breathing and anti bs hes much better today and hopefully they can come home today :) xxx

Glad she is and baby are okay. If the baby was born in distress it's probably a good thing they didn't break the waters sooner because it might have compacted the problem. If he had had problems earlier she would have needed assisted delivery of a CS.

I didn't go into labor myself but was induced. I think I was 2cm with severe bh (but not regular contractions) when I got to the hospital. I had the tablet for 6-7 hrs before I was told I was 3cm and bulging waters...so they broke waters. Once they did that it immediately put me into active labors and it was only 6 hrs later that I had my LO.

12 hours for me. 10 of those hours I was up & walking around the hospital like nothing was happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->