How long did you recieve BFP's for after MC?!

Smile88

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Had a MC recently ...

I started have brown discharge 2 weeks ago today which slowly turned into bleeding, fairly heavvy like a period... it lasted for about a week, no pains, no clots... however stopped last friday and as i was still getting BFP i visited the doctor who told me that if i had MC the test would go negative within 48 hours so he booked me in for an ultrasound..... the ultrasound showed nothing in the womb.. i had an internal and bloods taken... they said it had a low HCG level... about 113 i believe it was. So it looked like just a normal MC.

I took another preg test yesterday... lunch time and as soon as i peed on it it was a positive result... i called the hospital back and they said this is normal and it will show positive for about another 2 weeks. Im confused as my doctor said it would be negative within 48hrs of the MC happening and the hospital say within 14 days... and its now already been 14 days since i started having brown discharge. But yesterday was told to give it another 10-14 days... im v confused lol!!!

If its still positive after this time i will have to go back :-\

How long did you recieve positive tests for after your MC?!

xx xx

Mine was about 7 days after I had passed the baby's sac about 5 days after bleeding completely stopped. How far along were you?

I mc'd on the 15th and got a + test up until yesterday. It can take a few weeks if you were quite far along.

Hi, mine didn't go completely negative until 12 days after my medical management. I got the negative the day I had my follow-up scan that confirmed everything was gone x

Hi!! Mine was 3 weeks after my complete miscarriage. It can all depend on how far gone you were, what type of MC you had etc...
I was 8 weeks when i miscarried, if you were only 6 weeks say i reckon it wouldnt take as long x x

Hi. I was just over 7 weeks when I mc. It took over 6 weeks to finally get a neg test. I bled for over 7 weeks, 1 week before the mc and then 6 after. I was told I was just unlucky so fingers xed yours will turn neg soon. xx

I'm still getting a + result, 6 days after D&C. My doctors said that it could take up to 3 weeks to get a negative. I hope that it happens sooner, because seeing the positive is kind of heartbreaking each time.

Once I stopped bleeding I got a negative--about a week.

Mine was about 4-5 weeks after a d&c I tested negative

I started getting a fainter line as soon as I started bleeding, about 2 days after bleeding stopped (10 days of bleeding) I got a negative. I was 9 weeks along.

It took 3 weeks after losing the baby for mine to go negative, that was at 10 weeks.

With this one they went negative 4 days before I started to bleed at 5 weeks.

It depends how far along you are and how much hormone you have in your body.

Sorry about your loss xxxxx

Its been over 3 weeks and im still getting really strong +, its really anoying cos we want to try straight away. All my hospital said was test again in 6 weeks!!!! Which i think is way to long. Or had betas checked at hosp last week aswell nd the nurse said they were still higher than they should be, but then the docs dont seem 2 bothered, just wish it would get sorted.
Sorry 2 ramble on. xxx

Hi
Sorry to hear about your m/c
I was 10 weeks pg when i had my mmc, after my d and c it took 5 weeks to test negative. In that time i ovulated and had a period, although it was very light.
Good luck
x

I had my 'natural' m/c 3 weeks ago and still have a BFP. I was 7 weeks.

Hula - if you still have HCG in your system for a positive would you ovulate?. From what i've read you won't ovulate until you get a negative test as this drop wil your hormones back in shape. Anybody else know?

Hi, I got a BFP until about 4-5 weeks after my ERPC at 12 weeks. I had a period in that time (25 days after ERPC) and I had my betas checked right down to zero which took a good 6-7 weeks (HPT wouldn't pick those levels up).

Sorry for your loss. x

I asked my doc this as i was a little bit concerned and he said "It is possible not common though" but i do liike to be different lol
I knew i was ovulating as i had ewcm and pos opk.
xx

I'm two weeks after my natural miscarriage and still getting strong positives, I never realised it all took so long

Mine was weird.. I got preg right after miscarriage. So my hormones dropped then back up. I am thirteen weeks preg now.. There is always hope. Any ladies wanna talk pm me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->