How long did you take to heal after a cesearean??

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by lou_w34, Dec 10, 2009.

1. lou_w34

lou_w34 mummy <3

As the title says really?

I know they say to allow yourself 6 weeks healing time, but i still feel a tad crappy after it, i feel much better than i did a week ago, but i have little niggley pains in my lower groin.

Is this normal?

xx

2. luckyno2

luckyno2 Well-Known Member

I am at 3 weeks but am soooo not better Please tell me ...

3. lou_w34

lou_w34 mummy <3

Im only 2 weeks and a day, so i have more fun to look forward to then! lol

4. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

emergency sections take longer to heal from. I had a planned and felt pretty normal after 2-3 weeks. Still feeling tender and little pains for 4-6 weeks is normal, though.

5. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

I had complications but about 4 months roughly.

6. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

My Ob told me that I will be tender for up to 6 months.

I had a planned c-section and was off of pain peds 6 days after. I tend to overdue it most of the time though. I was doing laundry 5 days after and apparently that was not a good idea.

I am 3 weeks out now and feel pretty dang good. Nothing has really stopped me too much in the past week except if I push around where the incision is.

7. babybel

babybel Mummy to two

I felt fairly good after two weeks but still get niggles where my scar is 6 years later lol. xx

8. britt1986

britt1986 Well-Known Member

I felt great after 2 weeks and at about 5 weeks I did anything I wanted to do with no problems. It is now 8 weeks later and I only have small niggles every now and then.

9. sabby52

sabby52 Mother, Nanny

I felt fine after about 3 weeks, I had him on Monday by Emergency c-section and went out to lunch on Friday. I dont think I felt much pain to be honest, discomfort yes but not actual pain, I took painkillers for about 4-5 days and thats was it. But he is 2 now and I still get the odd tingle in my scar and if Dec jumps on my tummy it can be sore, and it is still numb and red :(

10. Szaffi

Szaffi Well-Known Member

I was off of pain meds after 4 days, and can do most things - including running up and down the stairs with DD in hand. I try not to lift or carry anything heavier than her though... The scar feels a bit tender and itchy sometimes and I have a hard time feeling my belly muscles, but working on it.

11. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

I felt 'ok' after a week but I didn't feel better until about a year after, but I was up and walking 3 days after (my daughter was taken to another hospital a mile away and I walked to her) and didn't have a break until she came out of hospital 8 weeks later.

12. Elysian1c0

Elysian1c0 Well-Known Member

After 2 weeks I was feeling practically normal, but my scar was still a bit sore and my upper back was hurting from the last 2 weeks of having no really good stomach muscle use. My scar still feels uncomfortable if it's pushed on very hard, like with a 14 1/2 pound baby's foot. But other than that, it's like it never happened.
    What I do find strange is that a portion of my belly feels sunburned when its rubbed. I have no idea what that's about, but it isn't getting better as fast as everything else did.

13. KZD

KZD Well-Known Member

You kind of feel the pain on and off for the first 3 weeks and then it gets better...it really does take 6-8 wks to heal

14. memysonand3

memysonand3 all done & loven my kids

thanks everybody i just got my c-section done on friday and i just now started hurting bad today i have been up and walking and have kept up on painmeds but i still am hurting pretty bad and was wondering about how long it would take for me to heal

15. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

Im still in pain, but its only been 8days, I only started to feel pain in my scar the other day because of my kidney infections that pain took over. im not planning much next few weeks!

16. huggybear

huggybear Well-Known Member

I had an emer c section and felt great was up and about 6 hours later, was discharged 24hrs later and was shopping at my local shopping centre 24hrs after being homes, did have some twinges here and there but felt good, i suspect i was in some la la land of denial, was driving as well within the week, i am sure the sleep deprevation and new baby and all i probably didnt have time to even think about me, next time though will defo have another c section. x

17. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

wow you were driving?? We cant even get insured for 6 weeks after a c sec!