How long did you take to heal after a cesearean??

lou_w34

mummy <3
Reaction score
As the title says really?

I know they say to allow yourself 6 weeks healing time, but i still feel a tad crappy after it, i feel much better than i did a week ago, but i have little niggley pains in my lower groin.

Is this normal?

xx

I am at 3 weeks but am soooo not better Please tell me ...

Im only 2 weeks and a day, so i have more fun to look forward to then! lol

emergency sections take longer to heal from. I had a planned and felt pretty normal after 2-3 weeks. Still feeling tender and little pains for 4-6 weeks is normal, though.

I had complications but about 4 months roughly.

My Ob told me that I will be tender for up to 6 months.

I had a planned c-section and was off of pain peds 6 days after. I tend to overdue it most of the time though. I was doing laundry 5 days after and apparently that was not a good idea.

I am 3 weeks out now and feel pretty dang good. Nothing has really stopped me too much in the past week except if I push around where the incision is.

I felt fairly good after two weeks but still get niggles where my scar is 6 years later lol. xx

I felt great after 2 weeks and at about 5 weeks I did anything I wanted to do with no problems. It is now 8 weeks later and I only have small niggles every now and then.

I felt fine after about 3 weeks, I had him on Monday by Emergency c-section and went out to lunch on Friday. I dont think I felt much pain to be honest, discomfort yes but not actual pain, I took painkillers for about 4-5 days and thats was it. But he is 2 now and I still get the odd tingle in my scar and if Dec jumps on my tummy it can be sore, and it is still numb and red :(

I was off of pain meds after 4 days, and can do most things - including running up and down the stairs with DD in hand. I try not to lift or carry anything heavier than her though... The scar feels a bit tender and itchy sometimes and I have a hard time feeling my belly muscles, but working on it.

I felt 'ok' after a week but I didn't feel better until about a year after, but I was up and walking 3 days after (my daughter was taken to another hospital a mile away and I walked to her) and didn't have a break until she came out of hospital 8 weeks later.

After 2 weeks I was feeling practically normal, but my scar was still a bit sore and my upper back was hurting from the last 2 weeks of having no really good stomach muscle use. My scar still feels uncomfortable if it's pushed on very hard, like with a 14 1/2 pound baby's foot. But other than that, it's like it never happened.
What I do find strange is that a portion of my belly feels sunburned when its rubbed. I have no idea what that's about, but it isn't getting better as fast as everything else did.

You kind of feel the pain on and off for the first 3 weeks and then it gets better...it really does take 6-8 wks to heal

thanks everybody i just got my c-section done on friday and i just now started hurting bad today i have been up and walking and have kept up on painmeds but i still am hurting pretty bad and was wondering about how long it would take for me to heal

Im still in pain, but its only been 8days, I only started to feel pain in my scar the other day because of my kidney infections that pain took over. im not planning much next few weeks!

I had an emer c section and felt great was up and about 6 hours later, was discharged 24hrs later and was shopping at my local shopping centre 24hrs after being homes, did have some twinges here and there but felt good, i suspect i was in some la la land of denial, was driving as well within the week, i am sure the sleep deprevation and new baby and all i probably didnt have time to even think about me, next time though will defo have another c section. x

wow you were driving?? We cant even get insured for 6 weeks after a c sec!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->