How long did you wait before TTC after miscarrying naturally?

mikaylasmommy

Reaction score
DH and I are WTT, but we've been hearing some conflicting information on how long we should wait to try after miscarrying naturally at an est. 6 weeks. Our ER doctor said 2 months, OB said one cycle. I've also heard that many women miscarry and get pregnant right after and have successful pregnancies.

How long did you wait??

Thanks xx

I was told to wait 1 cycle by all the drs I saw for both my miscarriages. Both were natural at 6 weeksish.

We waited 3 cycles after miscarriage #1 but that was just for working due dates around events in our life. We havent decided yet after miscarriage #2 when we want to ttc. I'm just finishing 1st AF after miscarriage #2. Not sure if we are trying this month or waiting a few -just for emotional reasons.

My first m/c was a MMC at 10 weeks (should've been 7w5d) I had a D&C done at when I should've been 12 weeks, and I waited 1 period before trying again. My doctor said all I needed was one period.

Well, I waited that one, got pregnant on the next cycle, and now I think I'm m/c again. If I am, I will not be waiting with this one. I'm so early, and the doctor said if it does happen, it'll be just like a heavy period. So I don't think I have to wait.

Well I miscarried for the first time at 12weeks.. natural no d/c needed.. and was told just one cycle.. but she also said that was only for dating reason and that I didnt really have to wait.. the second mc was 2 weeks ago.. again told to wait one cycle.. but didnt have to..

Both times we decided not to wait.. Im currently on cd17 and waiting to ovulate again..

It is completely up to you and your dh.. you need to do what is best for you.. and many people who get pregnant again right after go on to have normal pregnancies.. if you think you are emotionally ready and can handle being pregnant again so soon then I say go for it... Only you can make that choice though.

i miscarried naturally on the 7th may, i would have been 13 weeks but my little one stopped growing at 7 weeks (it just took him a little while to leave me) i stopped bleeding around the 18th may, my fiance and i had sex again a couple of days later using protection, we then decided to start trying straight away (this was about th 24th/25th may) and have been having sex regularly, it got to sunday (5th june) and i started spotting pinky brown, which then turned to nothing for two days then blood but only for the morning, then nothing on a night and just slight spotting on a morning, however ive had nothing today?

So i am mega confused?!?!?!?!!?

BabyB2011 :angel:

I miscarried naturally in march at 8 weeks, waited one cycle and then got a bpf straight away. I'm just going through my 2nd miscarriage at 8 weeks again.

Me and my OH are now really confused whether to try again straight away, wait for one cycle or wait for longer.

I really can't handle another miscarriage but I also don't want to wait if I don't have to!

Hi- I am just crashing in here.......Um I mc naturally at 11.5wks and my mw said to wait at least a cycle but not for physical reasons more for emotional.....then I got a bfp on my 3rd cycle. I am now just over 22wks.....so hang in there ladies!! GLxx

I waited one cycle and got a BFP immediately after (unfortunately it was ectopic)

I had a incomplete M/C in March but eventually passed everything naturally. The doctor told us that we could start straight away if we felt ready (I asked all the questions whether we had to wait or not)

She basically told me it is generally for dating purposes that they tell you to wait and to just let your body have a break, after all it's a big trauma our bodies are going through.

I've just had my second AF and still waiting for that BFP :)

I mc'd in June 2009 and we TTC'd straight away. I had 2 chemicals after that, the latest in September 2010 and conceived our son in November 2010. Lots and lots of :dust: :hugs: xx

I M/C at ten wks. Naturally no D&C needed.. My doctor told me to wait "at LEAST" 3 cycles so my uterous etc can get back to normal after all the stress in a 10 wk period plus the m/c on top of that.. But she recomended 6months before reting again.. of course my husband and i being anxious we started trying again in feb 2011..It is now June and still NO LUCK! But it will happen in time. Good luck to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->