How long did you wait to tell friends & family??

ColoradoMomma

Reaction score
This is my first post on this forum, so, hello!

I am very early along, but my husband and I told our parents and siblings very shortly after our positive tests. (I took one test with a strong positive, and then another about 1 week later, also strong positive.)

Aside from the very closest of family, how long did you wait to spill the beans?? It is KILLING me to wait, but I want to wait until at least 12-15 weeks to officially announce.

Second question: How do you stand the wait? Just grin and bear it? I just can't wait to explain to my dear coworkers and loved ones why I am such an emotional, tired, and bathroom-frequenting mess!! :laugh2:

We told close family straight away, and everyone else at 12-13 weeks.

I told my sister and mom after seeing the heartbeat, and everyone else between 24 and 26 weeks, and that's only because it was becoming obvious. :) I loved keeping it secret, so not telling was easy for me. I never did an announcement, so to speak, and just told people as I saw them.

We told everyone after our first ultrasound. Bout 9 weeks. We have lost 10 babies and to us we regretted never telling anybody before. Each and every little bean deserves love from the get go. Whenever you feel ready, blurt away.

I've been telling close friends and family since I found put at 8weeks. No official announcement yet however. Maybe after my US tomorrow when I know everything is okay and I have seen baby myself.
The people I have told are people I would need for support, as I have had a MC before, and my village would be there for me.

Ahh then it sounds perfect! You will Definately feel more excited after US. U go into goof mom mode :blush:

We’ve told parents and my closest friend straight away but won’t tell anyone else until after our 12 week scan.

In terms of waiting it’s sooooooo hard but we want to make sure everything is okay before we tell the world

I was not going to tell anyone either until 12 weeks. I only just found out yesterday lol but I blurted it out to a few co-workers but we are all close and like a family. THEY will support me and hug me if anything were to go wrong. They knew about my chemical as well so they will root me on for this one. As for Family. I am waiting to tell them and probably will until 12 weeks. Is that weird? Lol

Hello, I waited till 12 weeks to tell everyone but my mom already guessed way before that =)

I told my mum.and sister at 14 weeks. I think we are telling in laws tomorrow (17 weeks) as hubby is going away for 8 weeks tomorrow evening. I'll tell everyone else after the 20 week scan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->