How long did your stretch-marks take to fade?

emyandpotato

Reaction score
Hey I'm just popping in from teen pregnancy & was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on how long stretchmarks take to go or to fade if they will at all? I had none up until 3 days ago and suddenly am covered in huge purple and painful marks all over my tummy and hips :nope: Also is there anything that helps them disappear faster? Thanks :flower:

Stretchmarks will never go away. They may fade over time though, mine were really red when I was pregnant and now they're not as red. But they won't disappear ever. Stretcmarks = forever.

What Amy said! Stretch marks = infinity and beyond. But honestly? Not really a big deal. They will fade and become white but they will always be there unfortunately.
It'll take at least 1+ years.

i just noticed a few days ago my marks have gone from pink to sliver/white.

I only got a few on either side but one side are silver/white and the other still purple-ish :(

a few of mine i cant even see anymore but they werent deep they were just red lines you couldnt even feel. my deep ones have faded loads tho they started fading when alice was about 7 months and are still fading now. im pretty happy with them now i never thought they would fade this much

Mine are starting to fade now at 6 months PP, some of the shallow ones have gone, the deepest ones are still pinky and for some reason itchy?! But the middle ones are fading now :)

It depends, mine weren't very bad so they faded really fast and now are barely visible x

Most of mine have gone white, but the change was so gradual that I didn't notice when it happened. Isaac is 18 months old and I don't think they've been white for very long.

i dont really see mine going,
have them all over my cleavage, from my ankles to my lower back all the way up the back of my legs and my bum, all over my hips and tummy. im so so down about it :( if they fade to white, they'll just show up even more as im naturally tanned

I have a lot of stretch marks, they on my boobs, tummy and thighs. They seem to go a silver colour but then I lose more weight and they become a purple colour again....
Don't worry about it though. They are mummy marks of a proud mummy(thats how I look at it anyways!)

I didn't have very bad stretch marks, and they faded to near invisibility by issy's first birthday. I think it totally depends, but I know mousturising lots is supposed to help

Found this on Tumblr earlier and thought i'd post it. I thought it was beautiful :')

(It's about stretchies)

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn’t very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That’s OK. It was your home. It’s where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it.

Lois thats great :)
I had quite a lot of stretchies, the bad ones were on my butt of all places :dohh: and they faded. At about 7 months they were silvery white and i can't really notice them anymore.
I had one above my tummy button that is still red, but i can see it fading, and ones on my boobs are still red too.
x

ETA: I found drinking LOADS of water really helped, water impoves your skins elasticity. Also rubbing them with or without lotion (any lotion, i donesn't matter) helps because it increases the bloodflow :thumbup:

when I was pregnant i got them really bad on my tummy & now 16 month on you can't see them hardly at all. think i have been lucky :)

Found this on Tumblr earlier and thought i'd post it. I thought it was beautiful :')

(It's about stretchies)

A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me. It isn’t very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That’s OK. It was your home. It’s where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it.

I must be in an odd mood cos that almost made me cry, and I don't even have them really :rofl:

(It's about stretchies)

I love this Lois it's amazing :cloud9:

(It's about stretchies)

This is lovely :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->