how long do you have to boil water for?

xxleannexx

Mom to a girl and boy
Reaction score
just wondering when they can start having water straight from the tap?

I think we probably went onto that about 7 or 8 months or summat. Nothing scientific about it, it just made sense at the time.

We still use boiled water for leeons milk but for his juice or just generaly drink of water we use tap water i think from about 7 months x

I use kettle pre-boiled water. Think I always will to be honest. Until shes a actual child.
I still sterilize her bottles too, when should that stop, out of curiosity?

they say sterilise everything till their first birthday i am just stopping to sterilise bottles now x

12 months sterilize bottles for and I used cooled boiled water until 12 months and i will this time x

Sterilise bottles after every feed???

Here they recommend just doing it every once in awhile, tbh I havent done it much. I still boil water in the kettle though.

Yeah ive always sterilised after each feed bacteria grows in milk too quick and if they are sterilised the bacteria is killed of so it cant breed where are you from?

I'm actually quite surprised by that Ryder because I've never heard it myself :shrug: Of course I grew up in the States so maybe it is different there?? We've always sterilized our bottles once a day, but we never use a bottle until it has been sterilized. I have 10 total, way more than I need a day now so I usually have some backups sterilized and ready to go. We are still boiling her water and I think will for a while because I don't like the tap water here, it smells like Lake Ontario :sick:

Here they recommend just doing it every once in awhile, tbh I havent done it much. I still boil water in the kettle though.

yes here we do it straight away after every feed! my sterilizer was never off, did not realise they advise you only once in a while in some places???

i sterilize her bottles everytime, i have a steam microwave sterilizer, so not hot pots for me.
as for her water, i use pre boiled kettle water. I dont trust my water, because i live across from a lake, and beside a pond, that they've been doing contruction on and around since we moved in... i dunno if it messes with the water, but im not willing to take the chance.

I sterilise Liv's bottles after every use, thats what I got told by hospital, midwifes, etc

I only use bottles very occasionally, but I sterilise after every use.

As for water, when I worked in childcare we gave bubs boiled water till they were 12 months all the time, although the older tots (under 2 years) were allowed to have tap water, we still gave them cooled boiled water anyway.

I think I would give Jasper cooled boiled water until he's 12 months... although if he's really thirsty and I cant get to boiled water I think I'd be flexible from 8-9 months onwards.

yes here we do it straight away after every feed! my sterilizer was never off, did not realise they advise you only once in a while in some places???

nope, I was told washing and soaking the bottles etc with hot soapy water is sufficient... In fact I dont know of anyone here who actually sterilises after each use. Ive never been advised to do so either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->