How long does a spinal last does anyone know ?

joanna1980

Reaction score
Hi I'm having a c section a week Wednesday but I was wondering how long the spinal lasted before u could get up and move about ? I had a spinal with my daughter but that was 11 years ago and can't for the love of me remember I'd be greatfull if anyone knew ?? Thanks x

hmmm, it was a goof few hours before I the numbness went in my legs (what a god awful feeling that was) and a few more hours before i got up.

I had my surgery between 12 and 1am, and I guess I didn't get out of bed until lunchtime or late afternoon once I demanded my catheter out early.

I started to be able to move my legs less than an hour after the surgery and when we were in recovery. That was about half 1. By about 5 when I got wheeled to the ward, I could pretty much move without any numbness x x

The feeling came back gradually while I was in recovery afterwards, I have no idea how long it took though. However I wasn't up and about until the following morning when they took the catheter out.

I was told that the amount of spinal I was given, it should only last about 45 minutes however, I couldnt move my legs for almost 8 hours.

So it depends on how much you are given and your tolerance to narcotics.

HTH...

Iwill never forget how disgusting the feeling coming back n legs was.

I hated it, I wasnt told what it would be like and it felt gross!

It was like that weird feeling you get when anaesthetic wears off after you have a filling or tooth pout when your face feels all big and tingly but it was the entire lower half of my body....bleurgh.

I was able to move one foot when I was in recovery about 40mins later. Took a couple of hours to wear off completely. I was up and about around 4hours after as I had to get to nicu. Spent most my time in a wheelchair, but I could walk, just a bit shaky on my feet x

the spinal lasted for about 10 hours, i hated being numb for so long.

Hi hun, just had my pre-op today and was told that the spinal will last for about 8 hours but they dont expect me too get out of bed until the next morning so dont even attempt it, just chill my boots, lol! xx

I had my spinal at 8pm and the feeling came back in my legs throughout the night. I was up and in the shower by 8am the next morning. It was horrible how ichy I got and not being able to wash before bed, so take some wet wipes with you!

I had my pre op on Friday , they told me the spinal will last an hour but I have to have a epidural too because I'm being steriled too :(

I had my spinal at 2pm and then started to get a horrible feeling in feet around 5ish. I didnt get out of bed till tbe next morning as i had to wait ages for catheter to be taken out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->