How long does it take for them to like chunks in their food?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
I've tried Josh every meal with a bit of food that has chunks for 2 weeks but he keeps spitting it out! He spits the chunks out and will have a tantrum then seals his mouth shut. If I give him puree food, he's fine!!

How long did it take your LO to like the chunks? any tricks?

Ps: I've been bad and gave him a piece of my chocolate cake, he didn't mind the chunks for that though!!!! :dohh:

We tried Hannah with some stage 2 food (7month+) yesterday and she spent more time choking than eating it and really didnt like it so we'll be sticking to pureed food for now. She can much away on her carrot sticks fine though, just leaves a lovely mush in her hands afterwards!!

I have the same problem with maxim , The only thing I found were giving him his organic soft bites from heinz ..once he got the hang of those he didnt seem to mind the chunky food lol

I have the same problem with maxim , The only thing I found were giving him his organic soft bites from heinz ..once he got the hang of those he didnt seem to mind the chunky food lol

Where did you get the bites from? I looked at walmart and they didn't have them :(

Charlie tryed a stage 2 hipp jar of dinner today and had quiet alot of chunks i didnt realise they would be that big, he also kept spitting them out he didnt look like he was enjoying it , lets hope they get used to it soon x x

took summer 2 meals the 1st jar she choked a little ans spat them out so the second time she had her normal puree and i also did her a chunk one two and gave her a couple of mouthfuls which she seemed to do ok with, so the next meal she had a whole stage 2 jar and ate the lot! but i found the pasta ones are better to start with as they are much softer than chunks of veg and just slip down there throat if they dont chew it!

keep trying with spoonfuls along with his usual puree and he will soon get use to it.

I've been so nervous about giving Colton chunks.
Our stage 2's are still runny?! IDK. I bought a couple stage 3's recently, but haven't tried them yet. Although, looking in the jar of "Spaghetti with meat sauce" I can see some little pieces of noodles. :p
Although, on Thanksgiving he had lots of our food. He begs for it alot, like if we turn away from him he will grab our arm or scoot himself around so he can see. (Then when it's all gone, you have to show him all gone so he doesn't scream and throw a fit) So he had some ham, turkey, mac&cheese, potatos (lots), stuffing. I think thats almost it. He enjoyed it, and didn't really choke/cough surprisingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->