How long does the increased fertility last?

Missy

Reaction score
I know they say that you are very fertile after a mc but does anyone know how long for? I think I have my first AF although it's very light and I mc about five weeks ago now. We're going to start ttc again as soon as poss so it would be helpful to know if I am likely to be extra fertile.

I don't think there's any proven evidence regarding this.

And not every woman is more fertile after a MC. It's been over 6 months since my loss, and I don't think I'm even ovulating yet.

Every woman's different and I don't think anyone can count on being more fertile after a MC.

I'm not sure it's really true, I think once your HCG levels are back to normal you're just back to your standard fertility. I'm really not sure though, we need research!

Clare

It seems woman are more fertile after MC, BUT there are no studies to prove it.

I had a MMC in March and had a D&C March 28th. They say that you are very fertile for the next 2-3 months (because your uterus has been "scraped" clean, etc). I got pregnant after my 2nd cycle. I am not sure about fertility after MC, I was just told about after a D&C. Did you have one of those?

No I had a mmc at 9 weeks and mc naturally at 12 weeks.

I've been told you're NOT more fertile after a D&C because the lining is very thin and needs time to build up again.

So much conflicting stuff being said and no proof anywhere. :(

i agree, i dont think you are more fertile after a mc
xx

I was told you were. But I miscarried naturally and got another bfp after my first af. So 10 weeks after mc....not sure about after a D&C

I was told that you were more fertile by the doctor and in a fertility book. I also read a study on it somewhere (I posted it in another thread but cant remember where). I personally would like to believe it as postive thinking has to count for something.

Hi Ladies, I ha a MMC at 12 weeks with a d & c and then a natural miscarriage at 12 weeks, the first time it took me 9 months to get pregnant again and after the 2nd last November I am still TTC no.3 successfully. I have read you are a little more fertile because the cervix is slightly open after a m/c so easier for the little fellas to get whee they need to be however I have also read it can take your body at least 6 month to get back to normal following a m/c. I think it's just luck of the draw - this whole TTC is a miracle when it happens!!!:hugs:

I'm not sure how much or how long you are more fertile for. I have low ovarian reserve, so my miscarriage did not seem to make me any more fertile. I had a d&c though after the miscarriage, and now I'm working on my first IUI.

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->