How long does your 8-9 month old play independantly?

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
Was reading the Baby Whisperer the other night which suggests that 9 month olds should be able to entertain themselves with their toys for around 45 minutes.

Ellie is pretty good at playing alone but never for longer than 15 minutes really, at home. If we're at a baby club she may disappear for longer. Rest of the time I play with her, or read, or let her use me as a human climbing frame... :haha:

Just curious really! :flower:

My LO can entertain herself for absolutely ages. Sometimes I'll go and try and play with her and she is like "err what you doing mum,....I'm busy here". She has been self entertaining for 2 or 3 months. I tend to have Cbeebies on in the background and change toys at least every hour.

Demi gets bored after about 15 minutes and starts whining xx

my lo has always been v chilled out and loves to play on his own, since he was born! however, now he is crawling, i cant leave him! i have to keep picking him up away from the tv or anywhere else he shouldnt go near. plus sometimes he gets the whole separation anxiety thing so if he cant see me he cries, or if i dont sit and play with him he will moan.

Kenneth's only 7 months, soon to be 8 months but he can play for like 20 minutes by himself. But it just depends on his mood, sometimes it's a lot shorter and it's only like two minutes and other times it's like an hour :flower:

about 5mins if that.....................................................................

LO was fine playing by herself for ages until about 8-9 months. Now she will come find me after five minutes, she wants to walk and get into everything. There is no way I can leave her for two minutes and come back and she'd be there. She'd probably have our cat's tail in one hand and the big plant in the other hand with the cat's food on top of her head and her socks in cat's water. The latter actually happened.

Omar used to play independently for hrs when he was tiny, when he started crawling & cruising at 9 months it became impossible. Until now he doesnt sit still for a second, he's always & running around. He doesnt watch TV, the only time he will sit still is when he's "reading" his books & he needs someone with him.

Owen sounds the same as your Ellie, 15 minutes max in the house but we were at playgroup the other day and he didnt even care if I was there or not cos now he can crawl he follows the big kids around lol.

Ollie would play alone all day if i let him sometimes i try to play with him n hes not interested lol rejected by my own baby xx

around 30 mins, maybe more if gave him LOADS of toys though, he likes to play.

About ten whole seconds! The minute I step away he starts whinging. He's not interested in anything and is only happy if I'm walking around holding him looking at things- particularly mirrors! Help! How can I get him to play?

About ten whole seconds! The minute I step away he starts whinging. He's not interested in anything and is only happy if I'm walking around holding him looking at things- particularly mirrors! Help! How can I get him to play?

I've found Ellie prefers household objects to proper toys. I leave a couple of picturebooks out but other than that just let her explore the room.
You can get little baby mirrors, that might be a good one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->