how long does your formula last?

catty

Reaction score
When I made the decision to switch from breast to bottle feeding one area that I thought alot about was money, could we really afford to buy the milk at extra expense on am already tight budget - i worked out it would be about £40 per month based on a tub per week.

It has been 5 days and the tubs ran out which means itl be closer to £60 per month. Really wish id bulk buyed this when I was pregnant!!
How much does it cost you and do you have any tips.

He takes 5oz bottles and probably in a few weeks will be upto 6oz of aptimil

Could you try switching to a cheaper brand, like Hipp Organic or Cow and Gate? I can't work out why Aptimil is significantly more expensive than other brands. The ingredients must be virtually identical and it's not organic.

X

Aptimil is nearly exactly the same as cow and gate. And cow and gate is about £1-2 cheaper.

We buy 1 tub a week atm but we always make sure we have a spare tub.

Yep we were advised by th HV that their is no difference between Cow & Gate and Aptamil they are made by the same people. Would you consider swapping?

Yeh is there much of a problem with swapping will it do anything to him? He probably wont no the difference then? I seen if it £7.99 for cow and gate and £9.80 for aptimil, I only chose the aptimil one as it said best for using if your trying to combi feed which im not anymore

That's the thing with Aptamil they are good at advertising :)

How old is LO? I'd swap but you could just run it by HV if you are unsure first.

Hes only 5 weeks and has been onformula for about 10 days. Haha yeh noe I think of it they are!

Hes only 5 weeks and has been onformula for about 10 days. Haha yeh noe I think of it they are!

Formula is so expensive :( , I'll warn you though my DS went through two tubs of Cow and Gate a week at one point. It may be worth swapping, in the long run you will save quite a bit.

When LO was on forumla we bought Hipp Organic for £7.69. A box lasted 2 weeks

Oh no I hope its not 2 a week!!! We do have money for it I guess im just a bit grippy because I never really calculated it always thinking id breastfeed. Wow 2 weeks was he combi fed or was that just using formula?

We spend £10.92 (converted from rands); on a tin of Isomil every 3 DAYS! We have twins and they need soya based milk as one of my girls has asthma and allergies. That means we buy 10-11 tins a month so that's £111 (rounded) a month just on formula!

We spend £10.92 (converted from rands); on a tin of Isomil every 3 DAYS! We have twins and they need soya based milk as one of my girls has asthma and allergies. That means we buy 10-11 tins a month so that's £111 (rounded) a month just on formula!

Wow thats sooo expensive!!!! I was very niave to the cost of formula until I actually had to buy it but £111 is crazy!!

Wow thats sooo expensive!!!! I was very niave to the cost of formula until I actually had to buy it but £111 is crazy!!

I started another thread (nicked the idea from you); of what we spend on our 3 children a month, its crazy hun! But I wouldn't have it any other way!
Also we don't get free nursery here or child benefits so if you are taking advantage of those benefits you are extremely lucky! :winkwink: We are moving back to the UK next year March and I'm looking forward to some relief, ie. free schooling.

Lily is 4 weeks 2 days old and we just opened our 4th one, so we used 3 in 4 weeks! We make 4oz bottles now, but she had 3 originally.

That also includes the half a tub my OH exploded all over my hospital bag when he put it in there on the way home from the hospital without taping the lid shut, lol.

We use cow and gate.

Not sure if this applies, but do you qualify for healthy start vouchers? They can be spent on milk, veggies, fruit, formula.

We go through a tin every 5-7 days. It costs $23.95AUD a tin :(

My LO is on cow&gate comfort milk and a tub is £9.49 and one tub lasts me 7 days x

We average 1 tub every 5-7 days... So between 4-6 tubs a month. Thats around 40-60 pounds a month :/ :( its so depressive when I think of what else that money could be spent on if he would just bloody latch on to me instead!!

Now I am back to combifeeding (with ebm) and I have managed to half (give or take a feed or two) the amount of FF per day so I can make a tub last 10-11 days :D woohoo so that saves around 20 pounds a month :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->