How long has it taken to finally conceive?

mummymurray74

Pregnant again after mmc
Reaction score

I am going slowly mad now:wacko:, im on a proper downer today:cry: i feel like im never going to have another:baby:

This is our 10th month!!!!!!!!!!

And i had no problem before :nope:(have a 2yr old) Why is it taking soooo long!!!!!!:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

Im happy for everyone:hugs:, but im getting so sad:cry::cry:

My hubby so desperately wants another too, and gets so excited every month and i have to let him down:nope:

What id like to know since ive seen so many ladies on here this week slowly all getting BFPs is how long have you been trying before you finally managed to get a BFP? What did you do differently or feel differently to other months if anything?:hugs::kiss:

Can I just say....a very, very long time, lol.

You know though, in my book it doesn't matter if you've been at this 2 cycles or 100...TTC sucks for everyone!

I think 10 months is actually on the lower side, compared to most of the people in this section. And a lot of us are doing treatments and still not getting pregnant, and many are trying for our first.

Not sure how old you are, but things can change quickly in the 3 years since you were last pregnant. I would say 10 months is a normal amount of time to be trying, they even say a year for 20 somethings!

Awww...I am so so sorry...I know that it is hard...I also fell pregnant with #1 on the first try...this go round it took us 6 months and the only thing I did different this month was used preseed...I don't know if it was that or coincidence...I know it can feel like so much work with no pay off...so sorry hun...:hugs:

Hi Mummymurray :hi:.

Sorry you're feeling so down, Dmom's right though it doesn't seem to matter how long it takes TTC just sucks!

My real downer is that I've never managed to get preg end of. Not even a scare through my 20's or 30's. I've been trying for a year now, okay I've had a few duff cycles in that time but still nothing and it's hard... All you can do is keep trying...:flower:

I feel your pain , we've been TTC for 3 years now but I try to look on the bright side the longer it takes the happier we both will be when we finally get our miracle baby.:dust:

#1-19 months with 4 IUIs (at the age of 23-25)
#2-1 event ntnp
#3-7 months
#4-work in progress at 16 cycles & 1 failed IUI so far.

I have found that length of time ttc isn't necessarily related to your other experiences.

And for me, it's not necessarily related to age. I got pregnant a whole lot easier at 31 than I did at 24.

My personal theory (not that anyone asked, lol)........it all comes down to luck. That's it.

I have to admit that it does seem like everyone I know, conceives quicker than myself. I don't know anyone that has gone through both primary and secondary infertility.

It just sucks. We understand.

Glad you liked it.:thumbup:

I could do without the sauce, but it worked and ya can beat it for $7.99.

Well in my case when it took almost a year the first time I got pregnant then MC. The second time I got pregnant quicker because I joined this forum and learned about Soy, Instead Soft cups, and preseed. I got pregnant the second time the first time I use the Instead cup and little amount of Soy which in ended in MC in May of this year. I got pregnant 3 months later with the Instead cup, soy and preseed. I also took Co10, Omega 3s and prenatal. Those two products helped with egg quality. Hope you have some luck soon...

I've been trying 10 months for my 1st baby! It's rough... I guess it's my lesson in patience, and you don't always get what you want. I see my other girlfriends who are older then me getting pregnant in 2 seconds, and it's making me feel so inadequate.
I guess patience is key.. everyone is different, and your baby will come when it's ready for you!

My husband and I have been trying since March.

I got my BFP yesterday.

I've tried mucinex, preseed, etc. Nothing worked in the past and we didn't use any of that stuff this month.

This is what we did different this month:

On September 12, I had the HSG x-ray. I took 2 Aleve gelcaps and had the doctor prescribe me valium. I am glad I had the valium. It really helped me relax.

On earlier cycles, my husband and I tried having sex every other day and every 36 hours. This time we had sex every 24 hours (give or take an hour) up until 5 days after the 1st day of my lh surge (I have a 2-day surge). I also stayed in bed for about 20-30 minutes after each time.

I was so panicked when I got my last AF on September 7th. I started having hot flashes on September 10 that lasted for a week and a half. They woke me up every night at 2:30am and I couldn't go back to sleep (made it almost impossible to chart). I saw my internist and they said my normally REALLY low blood pressure was now really HIGH. She took a ton of tests and I'm still waiting on those results but they said they'd call if they had bad news and they haven't called.

I thought I was perimenopausal. In reality, I think the stress of crossing the "6 month" mark through me into a mini-nervous breakdown.

I don't trust my own body anymore. I even bought two types of digitals yesterday to double-check the bfp. I tested this morning to make sure the line got darker and I will continue to waste more money on the frer's to make sure that it continues to get darker.

Relatively, my TTC wasn't that long but I went/am crazy.

I had a horrible 1st pregnancy (bed rest for 20 weeks, plantar faciiatis, tarsal tunnel, severe sciatica). The good thing about working hard at TTC? This time, even if I get bed rest for the entire pregnancy, I'll be grateful. And I'm not going to bitch about the aches/pains/weight gain/sickness. Because THIS time I understand how fortunate I am and how grateful I should be.

Also, this month I gave up coffee (maybe 2 cups a week) and that is my morning lifeline (caffeine withdrawal may have caused the hot flashes). And after last Friday, I didn't drink one drop of wine-my nighttime lifeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->