how long in the bath?

Helabela

Mum to Sophie and ttc
Reaction score
i know its a strange question to ask over 3 months down the line! but how long do you let LO stay in the bath? we moved Sophie over to the big bath last night but the water was a bit shallower than what would have been in her baby bath so i was worried about her catchung a cold so she didnt stay in for long, just long enough for us to wash her hair and a quick splash about.

We have a bath with Chase in the big Bath most nights so the bath is usually pretty full. We have a splash around and let her have a 'swim' so it can go anywhere from 10min if she is tired to 30min if she is having fun playing with her toys... we just play it by ear.

Do you have those lights that are heaters as well? We turn those on to make sure the room is toasty hot so she doesnt get cold!
Xx

we normally just have him in long enough to wash him and a bit of a splash, and then we shower with him to rinse him off - so maybe 10 min total? we're going to start slowly extending it though because he really enjoys it. We turn the shower on for 5 minutes on hot and close the door before giving him a bath so the room is nice and warm

Emma is a bit older so it's different I suppose but I put a few inches of water in, wash her right away, than let her have at it with her toys. I don't give it a timeline because some days she doesn't like her bath, other days she loves splashing and playing. I know when she wants out when she stands at the edge and starts grunting at me. :haha::cloud9: Other days I hop in with her and those times we are in there for a good 40 minutes or more playing with her toys together. I've also learned my skin wrinkles much faster in the water than her baby skin. :rofl:

Once she's sitting up by herself, I will encourage her to have a play in the bath, but until then we just wash her and chat to her to help her feel calm and happy in the water. In total it's probably about 5 minutes in the bath; not as much as I would like, but I'm bent over and my back hurts pretty quickly if I have to hold her.

Around 30 mins. He loves water & it's part of his playtime. AT 3 mnths I used to join him in the big tub. But now he's a big boy & can sit unsupported & he enjoy splashing & playing with his toys. I keep turning water on to make sure it doesnt get cold.

I let mace have a play in there and wash her hair etc does take 10-15minutes. After a bath seat tho for in the big bath so she can play for longer. she's still in her baby bath which does not have much room but i cannot bath her in big bath leaning over kills my back she gets in with me if oh is here but as he works away that's not often now.

I'm not sure how long Ronan would stay in if I left him to it since he loves bath time. Depending on how long he's been awake for before bed it's usually about 15 mins or so.

It depends really, a lot of the time I put Evie in the bath and just put him in there for a quick wash and splash and then out within 5 minutes, but then sometimes we ALL get in, 3 in a bath lol. I think of it as killing 3 birds with 1 stone, it saves me so much time :blush:

Those baths tend to take a bit longer because we all just play and Alfie loves it. He adores his big sister and just looking at her face makes him giggle so much, I could watch them playing all day!

Kane loves his baths, most of the time its for around 20/30 mins after I wash him I let him play and splash about. But if hes tired or grumpy I just wash him and get him out :thumbup:

Jenny comes into big tub with me or OH and she loves it! We're usually in for about 20 minutes. She loves to kick about and especially likes it when only her head is peeking out of the water!

Adam is only in and out the bath - about 5-10 mins tops. Wish we had the time to play around more but with studying its hard to spend half an hour + splashing about (which I would love to do!!). When we do have the time though he loves his longer bath times..

We usually wash Evie's hair, and all her other bits then let her play about for as long as the water is warm enough reallly lol!
We bought one of those bath seat things with a non slip mat attached from Mothercare when we started putting her in the big bath and it's been brilliant :thumbup:

About 5-10 mins or so as LO dosent really like it.xxx

when you say big bath, do you mean the actual grown up bath or baby bath with a newborn liner removed? Just curious :)

We usually have ten minutes give or take and I make sure the actual bathroom is pretty hot by running a shower first

we put LO in the big bath (as in the normal bathroom bath). We don't have a baby bath. The first few baths we did in the kitchen sink. They just lie in this:

https://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Foam-Bath-Support_52904/

and love bath time. I'm thinking of taking them swimming soon but a bit worried abut how to actually go about it in terms of what to do with carseat etc.

I'd say between 5 and 10 minutes. I keep trying to increase it and I generally just see at what stage of tiredness he's at. Today he was rubbing his eyes so it was about 5 minutes only

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->