How long is meat ok to eat for?

lau86

Reaction score
My mum texted me on Wednesday saying.... I'm just doing a bit of cooking as having you over for Sunday dinner. Turns out she was talking about cottage pie. It made me feel a bit weird eating a cottage pie that had been cooked (?? As I didn't find out if she froze it etc) on Wednesday but maybe that's because meat doesn't last long in this house. She is a veggie and so didn't eat it herself. It tasted ok I guess. She often uses ingredients way past when she should IMO.
The thing is she is planning on giving it to my son for lunch tomorrow. The beef will have been cooked, reheated in the oven on Sunday and then reheated in the microwave Monday.
I don't want to make a fuss out of nothing and I know she will take offence if I question her, she has told me in the past I am controlling when she has LO as I ask what she's given him to eat...

If it's been reheated once then you should never reheat a second time!

As a rule of thumb (from my chef dad) 3 days and out!
Personally I wouldn't have eaten it on Sunday. I would suggest he doesn't eat it today.

Hope it doesn't make life difficult for you but maybe use the - you dont eat meat so wouldn't know, but its definitely not save to eat again today, particularly reheated a second time!

Definitely don't let him have it today, we stick to 3 days with beef, but never reheat twice.

I stick with 5 days and under but depending on what it is might be 3 days. It definitely shouldn't be reheated again! Xx

I cooked shepards pie for dinner last night and will be warming up the leftovers for me and LO for lunch but I definitely wouldn't eat something that was cooked days ago, reheated and then reheated again x

Nah I eat all kinds but I'd chuck that, not worth it.

I stick to 3 days for beef, and only reheat once. I def wouldn't have your little one eat that today.

Yeesh I'm quite lax and will eat most stuff but noooo!

Well I buried my head in the sand a bit and didn't bring it up, she served it up with some beans but he refused to eat it, only the beans. I can imagine it tasted/smelt a bit funny. I need to be stronger and tackle these things really.

At least he didn't eat though thats the main thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->