How long is this going to last?

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
I'm 90% sure I'm having a miscarriage.

I don't know where to start.

The day I found out I was pg I had cramps and spotting, for about an hour. Pains eased and spotting didn't last long and was over by morning.

A week later I get more spotting and some tummy ache. Go to the dr and he does some bloods, I get the result 2 days later 399, which he's happy about and my spotting is minimal. He agrees to see me again on the Monday to repeat bloods as I'm still spotting on the Friday.

The next day I'm out and been standing around talking to people for about an hour, when we leave I feel a bit of a gush, nothing major but enough to make me check. Bright red blood :( it was enough to fill my panty liner. We drive home straight away and it's not got any worse and if anything easing up, but the tummy pains are bad. I take paracetamol and resign myself to the worst and go to bed. Wake up and no pains and blood loss v minimal. Decide to go to a&e as I don't understand what's going on. Drs at a&e won't do bloods and tell me I'm too early for a scan, but that I will have one in a weeks time.

Today the spotting has continued from a light spot to red blood but nothing to mark a pad. I'm now bleeding again, not much, hardly anything on a pad, but tummy pains again (think I'm going to have to take paracetamol).

I did a CB digi last Wednesday and it said pg 2-3. I did another with fmu today, as I thought it should of turned to 3+ (going by my dates) and it's still 2-3.

When will this be over ? :cry:

It's so upsetting. I can't focus on anything else and I'm constantly swinging from 'it might be ok' to 'it's over I'm miscarrying'.

I thought if I'm having a miscarriage then I would be having like a heavy AF??? Not this stop start spotting, light bleeding.

Please someone tell me xxxx:cry:

Sorry you are going through this, it sucks. I just wanted to let you know my experience it may not ease your mind but it may help. I miscarried last weekend and mine started the same. I had spotting which then led to heavy bleeding. Stupidly I decided to take a digital and mine was still reading 1-2 weeks when it should have been reading 2-3 at this point. Unfortunately later blood work confirmed I was having one. Hope this helps, I'm sorry it may not ease your mind BUT bleeding doesn't always mean miscarriage and you may not be as far gone on for the digital to say 3+. Hope everything works out for you. I found this week really tough but my bleeding stopped after 7 days and everyday I feel a bit more normal again x

Thank u for replying xxxx

I'm still in limbo land.

Had 'heavy' to light spotting almost all the time (nothing, if only two or three spots of blood on a pad). No more tummy ache since yesterday).

Strangely I've noticed my morning sickness has kicked into gear more today and I still have my other symptoms (tiredness/sensitive nips).

Thinking about booking a private scan, then waiting for the hospital to arrange it. :( no idea about anything tho :(

How many weeks do you think you are? Symptoms is really good...mine all disappeared the morning of the day the bleeding started so hopefully that's good news for you :) x

I think I'm 5+2 today based on when I OV and bd. But lmp will show me as 6+4, as I have 35 day cycles.

How far along was you? Xxxx

Can u have a mc with very little blood loss? Don't understand my symptoms tho, I thought they would be fading away if it was over. Just want to get my bloods done and back xxx

The company I found who do the scans, say it's £39. Do you think it would be worth going? Xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hugs::hugs:

Unfortunately there is no time limit on how long does this last. I lost my baby in March which was 2 weeks and I made a separate post about and coming up on the 25th of Nov was to be the due date and im not sure how much longer it's going to last.

All I say every woman symptoms are different, I just had cravings and then a heavy AF and clotting like crazy.

God Bless you and I hope you find the strength to find the answers you are searching for.

love
Miss Novotny
xxx

Thank u

The pain is awful today. Bleeding has picked up a tiny bit more, but is more like a light bleed. Hardly anything on a pad, red in the loo and when I wipe. I feel awful and wish this would all just stop :(

I'm waiting for the dr to call me with beta results from yesterday, but it feels pointless now :(

I have to go out this evening, but I'm wondering how I'm going to cope. I'm one teary mess and in so much pain x

Is the pain one sided?
If so safer to check of ectopic
Not to try scare u
But better safe than sorry.
It could go either way for u as u know
Sorry limbo is the most dreadful place to be in.
I still had morning sickness and sore boobs the whole time
Sypmtons only tell u hcg is there
Sorry, not trying to add to ur misery
Huge hugs
I was in limbo for 5 weeks this tine.
Didn't hve bleeding all that time
But had slow rising hcg
And bub behind on growth on scans
Eventually no heartbeat
I knew it was coming but its still hard
But not knowing is worse.
Hope ur outcome is better than mine was
Bear in mind ur on the mc board
So outcomes here will tend to be the bad ones
My sil bled everyday with her now perfect 3 yr old
Best of luck xxx

Sorry just realised ur hcg is too low for a scan
They prob wont see anything
Even if things r ok or not
I think 2000 is earliest scan can show anything
But def ask ur doc cos I'm not sure in number xxx

I was 5+5 when I started bleeding. I don't think the bleeding has to be heavy as I thought this but nurse said that everyone is different and some people don't et heavy bleeding. When do you get your results now? Limbo is horrible X

Thanks for the replies xxx

The dr rang me and said my levels have gone up to just under 3000. He said it was in the normal range and had doubled plus some. I told him about the pains and bleeding and he told me to go to a&e.

Well got to a&e and they sent me to the gyne ward. Waited for ages before being seen by the dr, by the time she saw me my cramps had stopped and bleeding eased a bit. I was examined internally and she said she couldn't see any cause for the bleeding (tho it's coming from my womb) and my cervix is closed and she can't see anything that would suggest I am having a miscarriage. She also felt my tummy and there's nothing to say I could be having an eptopic. She said my hcg levels look like a normal pregnancy progressing. They said because I'm stable, that they didn't need to scan tonight, so will be having one over the next couple of days. Obviously if I bleed heavily or pass clots to let them know xxx

Feel numb, achy and exhausted at the moment, been a long night xxx

Hospital just rang. They've given an appointment today at 2:20pm. I'm pleased, as it's better than waiting, but I'm nervous. 2 reasons:

1: that it says I've definitely lost the pg. or its eptopic.

2: that it's ok, but then I have to deal with this bleeding for how long? And that it could be a mc risk itself.

Going to be hard as well because I've got to go on my own (dh needs to pick the kids from school) not told anyone else so don't want to ask

Best of luck with scan hon.
Ur beta numbers are doing great so hoping all will be fine.
Usually ur numbers wont rise properly if going to mc
Fingers crossed for u x

It's eptopic. I'm going for an operation soon

Hugs hon.
Sorry. .hope ur ok
Hope it goes ok for u
Hugs

I am so sorry to hear this, it all sounded so promising. If you need someone to talk to feel free to message me. X

Thank you so much for your support xxx

They did the op and had to remove my right tube as it was starting to rupture (hence the bleeding) I feel really sore and having lots of pain meds. They did the surgery via keyhole, so I'm hoping my healing time will be quicker. Luckily I didn't need a blood transfusion.

I feel lucky that the found it in time, as it could of been so much worse. But at the same time I'm shocked it's happened to me, especially with 8 normal pregnancies to my name I'm so greatful for my babies xxx so sad for the one I lost, but it would of never survived xxxx

I don't think I will plan to try again after this, though I've been told I have a healthy tube on my left. I don't think I could risk this again. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

They expect to discharge me tomorrow all being well.

:( this is so sad. I am so glad it went ok, devastating but at least you are ok. Enjoy the little ones you have and get better soon! X

Hugs hon xxx
Hope ur as ok as can be under the circumstances
U don't need to decide on ttc just yet
Give yourself time to heal xxx
Hugs x

I'm so sorry! That was my greatest fear when I miscarried last week, after exhibiting similar symptoms. I can only imagine the grief you must be feeling right now for not only the loss of your child but a reduction in fertility combined it hear of this happening again. So sorry sweet mama! Hugs and comfort. Hoping for a quick recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->