How long is your Follicular Phase? It matters, and longer is better!

zestygirl

1994, 2000 Hoping for #3!
Reaction score
Hi, Ladies; I'm a bit of an armchair statician so I thought I would share my latest effort with you. According to statistics I gathered from charts on Fertility friend across all ages and categories (and confirmed by a couple of other articles I managed to find on the internet after the fact) a longer follicular phase has a postive impact on conception rates. The effect is a steady upward climb of pregnancy rates for follicular phases from 6 to 16 days in length, and at 16 days rates level off. Interestingly, women who have follicular phases even longer than 16 days (up to 23 days!) STILL enjoy HIGHER conception rates than women with Follicular Phases of Less than 16 days.

Also interesting: Miscarriage rates seem unaffected by this trend.

Of course the reason for this I don't know. But one thing does seem true: oocytes that have more time to mature seem to have better outcomes.

Just wanted to share this as an interesting factoid, particularly for those of you with longer Follicular Phases who are TTC, this is definitely a ray of hope :)

https://i.imgur.com/4JNPoVE.png

Hi, Ladies; I'm a bit of an armchair statician so I thought I would share my latest effort with you. According to statistics I gathered from charts on Fertility friend across all ages and categories (and confirmed by a couple of other articles I managed to find on the internet after the fact) a longer follicular phase has a postive impact on conception rates. The effect is a steady upward climb of pregnancy rates for follicular phases from 6 to 16 days in length, and at 16 days rates level off. Interestingly, women who have follicular phases even longer than 16 days (up to 23 days!) STILL enjoy HIGHER conception rates than women with Follicular Phases of Less than 16 days.

Also interesting: Miscarriage rates seem unaffected by this trend.

Of course the reason for this I don't know. But one thing does seem true: oocytes that have more time to mature seem to have better outcomes.

Just wanted to share this as an interesting factoid, particularly for those of you with longer Follicular Phases who are TTC, this is definitely a ray of hope :)

https://i.imgur.com/4JNPoVE.png

Thanks for this!! Any data for beyond 24 days? I'm on day 23 atm and still waiting for O.

Last month, if I Oed it was on day 32.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->