How long to get screening result back (UK)

MrsT116

Reaction score
Hi all, as title suggests just wondering how long the first tri screening bloods take to come back (the combined risk score)? Had blood taken on 23rd and just wondering how long I should expect to wait. Thanks xx

Hey mrsT !! How are too feeling ??

Mine took just under a week to arrive . The nurse said it would be a phone call but received the results in the post x

Hi all, as title suggests just wondering how long the first tri screening bloods take to come back (the combined risk score)? Had blood taken on 23rd and just wondering how long I should expect to wait. Thanks xx
Usually about a week, here they come in post for low risk but you get a phone call if high risk.
Crossing everything you don't have to wait too long and all is low risk xxx

Hey

Mine only took 5 days from having the blood test to getting the letter in the post . Previous pregnancies I’ve waited 2/3 weeks x

Thanks! Hope they hurry up with mine. I'm 36 so am a bit more anxious this time around, although they did say the NT measurement was normal x

Hey mrsT !! How are too feeling ??

Mine took just under a week to arrive . The nurse said it would be a phone call but received the results in the post x

I'm not bad thank you @Tripltemum3, was really quite sick from 8-12 weeks but it's settled now thankfully! How are you doing? Xx

thats good news!

Felt awful up untill week 12-13 but feeling much better now! Even had a few 'flutters'! Did you get your screening results back?
x

Not yet! I assume it's because it's been Christmas? Same, starting to feel flutters too! Exciting xx

Everything does seem delayed with the holiday and covid ! Hopefully you will get the results in a Few days x

You could wait longer with the extra bank holidays with Christmas / New Year x

I've been waiting a week for mine mrst
Getting impatient now, she said about a week in the post for low risk but not sure if thst includes weekends or with the post being slower at the moment
Hopefully not long for us!

I've been waiting a week for mine mrst
Getting impatient now, she said about a week in the post for low risk but not sure if thst includes weekends or with the post being slower at the moment
Hopefully not long for us!

I had my blood taken 23rd Dec and still nothing! I'm hoping it's a good thing. My friend who works in maternity says if there was an issue picked up they would more than likely contact by phone. Fingers crossed we get results soon and it's all good xx

Results finally came today. Edwards and Pataus risk low at 1 in 18000. Downs not quite so low, but still classed as low, at 1 in 890.
I am 36 so whether this had much bearing on it?

I think it does increase with age . I know mine has with each baby . If no further action is required and it’s low risk

I’m 35 this year and my results where
1 in 20,000 for Downs Syndrome
1 in 50,000 for Trisomy 18
1 in 36,000 for Trisomy 13

I worry about the Downs Syndrome since my niece was born with the condition . But given they all say low I’m happy .
I’d honestly only worry if further action was required .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->