How long to wait for #2

BabeeAngel

Mummy to Aubrey & Isabel
Reaction score
I just had Aubrey 26 days ago, and I'm thinking about having #2 already, but I'm wondering how long should I wait? Is it unhealthy to have one very soon after #1?

Mentally i think its unhealthy to be thinking about having a 2nd baby already, but thats just my opinion. Enjoy ur LO, and savour these early moments because they grow up too fast!

I wanted another straight away, then I changed my mind when she got more active, and now I want one again. I'm glad I waited :lol:

I didn't think i was mentally unhealthy lol, i just always wanted my kids to be close in age:S

I could handle a newborn now to be honest, but all children are different. Aubrey could be a nightmare at 10 months!!

I think it's best to give your body a bit of a break, but no reason why you can't try again as soon as your ready xx

I wanted another straight away then changed my mind too. I think most doctors recommend a 9 month wait to let your body recover. Your decision though hun xx

thanks, sparky, that's what i wanted to know, how long I should let my body rest... I don't want to be pregnant straight away but would love to have kids close in age...

We're about to start trying for number 2 now that Lucy is approaching 9 months. I do believe what they say though... 9 months to make a baby and 9 months to recover! Its lovely that you want more already but probably advisable to let your body recover a bit! I LOVE your avator, your little girl is so cute!

Ya I was just thinking that too, 9 months sounds about right, and that would make them about a year and a half apart :) Thanks...
Your little girl is absolutely gorgeous :)

I've read 9-12 months to recover from pregnancy.
Depending on how you are feeding, it could take that long to get your cycle back.
I'm not even breastfeeding exclusively and I haven't even had a sign that my cycle is back and Simon is almost five months. Not everyone's body is like that, but it could be a consideration for you?
Congrats on your little girl! She must be a sweetie if you're excited for another already! :)

I plan on having a 2/3 year gap between my kids so that i get to spend qualty time with my first and by the time iv had my 2nd my first will be in nursary so i get to spend some time just me and baby. There is 15 months between my bro and sis and my mam said that it was hell having them in nappys at the same time.

Yea i don’t think its to do with your mentality :S Its just that your body needs to recover from what its just been through. I think I'm now feeling a bit more ready to have another one, but we're waiting until we get married now :hissy:

I am planning on waiting about a year until i start trying again. I need to wait until current mat leave over which is at a year old, then i have to work x amount of hours before I am entitled to maternity leave again. Although i am having some trouble convincing my husband of this strategy he is not keen on another.

I don't know when it is advisable to have a second baby after your first, however I do know someone who had 2 babies within one year (not twins). One was born in January, and another in November, and was born on due date.

Personally I think it is a choice that you and OH have to decide. When the time is right, it is!!

Best of Luck Hun!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"