How long to wait for my period.

Lilybelle

pregnant with no.2
Reaction score
Hello ladies. it took a couple of weeks for me to stop bleeding and now I'm looking forward to my first period before we start trying again. How long do I have to wait? Do I just count this as a period and wait a month?

xx

Hi Lilybelle,

Sorry for your loss :cry:

I was advised by the hospital to wait until I'd had an af before trying again but after a bit of research into it, I don't think it's entirely necessary. My OH and I have decided not to wait to DTD, although I'm not even sure when I'll next ovulate. I'm going to let whatever happens, happen over the next few weeks.

I think the reason they advise you to wait is for dating purposes for your next BFP. As far as I know thre is no real physical reason to wait - unless perhaps there were complications (my mc was natural and straightforward)

Everyone is different - do what is right for you. Good luck :hugs:

Same here - as soon as my bleeding stops and my HCG is at 0 we are going for it!
:dust:

Thank you for replying :)

I lost the baby at 16 weeks and I had to be given a tablet and got one inserted vaginally for the cervix to open... I don't know if this would effect anything?

Hi Lillybelle! I'm very sorry for your loss. I had medical management like you but I was quite a bit earlier on (baby at 8+4, yolk sac at 12 weeks). I *think* that as long as you wait until your bleeding has fully stopped there is no reason to wait for AF before trying. It might take a little longer for your body to reset though and only you can know whether you're emotionally ready for the ups and downs of ttc. If you decide you are, I would suggest using ic ovulation tests straight away and charting your temperatures. If you do both, you'll get a good idea of what's going on and safe yourself weeks of speculation and bfns. I'd take ic ovulation and pregnancy tests until they're fully negative. Then carry on ovulation tests until they get darker. If you want to ttc, I'd start bding as soon as the tests get darker again but not much earlier just to be sure you don't risk infection. After ovulation you should have a temperature shift. If you don't then keep using ovulation tests, as you probably haven't ovulated yet but will later on.
Hope that essay helped a little. Best of luck to you! :hugs:

I think letting it happen naturally without all the testing worked for us in the past so I think I'm going to stick to it. Lily got conceived a couple months after we got together and this one only got conceived in the first month of trying. I think I'm fertile enough to let nature take its course anyway :)

If nothing happens I may do all the ovulation testing as I'm desperate for another one! haha

Thank you for all your tips and advice I appriciate it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->