How long until first AF?

rotts05

Reaction score
Hiya, just looking for other peoples experiences after a mc really. I had a mc at 8 weeks and I am still waiting for my first AF 11 weeks later. I did have a small bleed about 2 weeks ago but nowhere near a 'normal' period, although I did have some cramps.
How long did you guys have to wait? :)

so sorry for your loss and long wait hun :hugs:

I lost my angel max at 13 weeks, i had a D&C 8 days later and my first AF came 5 weeks later and lastest more or less the same length as normal, so cant offer much advice, i know mintypeas has been waiting a while/waited a while, maybe go and ask doc?

How long did the small bleed last? My first AF was lighter than usual, and the cramps were mild. Dr says it was AF, though, so maybe your bleed was AF.

My first AF like thing came 2 weeks after erpc (mmc at 11weeks, baby stopped 10 weeks), the next one came 37 days later (mega heavy).

You should prepare for mega one by stocking up on big pads. I was told not to use tampons, or have a bath (shower ok), for few weeks. No swimming either.

Thanks for replying
It lasted 2 days but was kind of on-off and the cramps were mild. I stocked up on big pads when this little bleed started so all prepared :)
Not sure if it's relevant or not but the mc was natural with no intervention needed.

Hey.. Good question..

Unfortunately, we are all different but i feel your pain. I too, am eagerly awaiting my first AF since my ERPC (23 Apr) - however we have been TTC so if it never came it would be a miracle!

I think your light been may very well have been your AF.....SO

IF YOU BLED 2 WEEKS AGO, CHANCES ARE YOU COULD BE OVULATING ABOUT NOW..........

I do hope so, thanks.
I have also noticed 'downstairs' has taken a deep red / purpleish colour. I got excited as I remember Chadwick's sign from when I was pregnant but I did 2 hpt which were both -ve. Could this be a sign of impending AF perhaps? I have noticed the colour change for a good week now.

I have been having a read online and apparantly the colour change can occasionally happen just prior to AF, so hopefully everything is back to normal and we can ttc properly!

I have been having a read online and apparantly the colour change can occasionally happen just prior to AF, so hopefully everything is back to normal and we can ttc properly!
I've never looked down there so I don't have the foggiest:blush:

Quaver :)

Today I've had some mild cramps and started bleeding pathetically, it's more pink tinged clear stuff (tmi sorry...). I looked at my calendar and the last 'bleed' stopped 16 days ago. So it's been 11 weeks since mc, does this sound like my body trying to sort itself out?
It's frustrating thinking I'm not even ovulating yet almost 3 months later :(

Hi, I think the ovulating part is not at all linked to the AF after a MC. I MC'd almost 9 weeks ago, and no AF yet. However, I had a lot of pain 4 weeks after the D&C and they sent me for another ultrasound to make sure everything was out. The sonographer could see the follicle on my ovary and it's development, and she said it looked like I had OV'd the day before. Well, that was a bit over five weeks ago, so my uterus has no clue what it's supposed to do. Glad I'm still producing eggs and all....but wonder how many are in there now?! Maybe I've got the world's thickest lining, which will be super comfy for a new zygote in another month or two! Here's to hoping!:wine:

:) Mamabel!

I just want a normal af! The pathetic pink tinted clear stuff continued yesterday and is the same today, it doesn't even warrant a pad, there are still minor cramps occasionally too. Fx my body is just trying to sort things out so I can get cracking.

It may be a super light version of AF. Once it clears, then maybe you'll ov normally:winkwink:

Hi, I'd be so happy for some spotting...at least that's movement. My midwife says that the later it is, the worse it's going to be. "The worst period you've ever had times ten." Great, as though we haven't been through enough sh*t as it is already. I've had pelvic pressure and lower back cramping for the last six weeks. It feels like AF is imminent every single day...and nothing. So frustrating! I agree...when is my body going to get back to normal? This week had leaky boobs too. Midwife says that my body thinks I gave birth, so I'm in an anaovulatory phase (as if I were post partum). The leaking boobs are just additional torture. No baby to nurse, no baby to grow, no quickening, just constant physical reminders that I am NOT pregnant, and with no AF, no possibility to GET pregnant....limbo land. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->