How long until you passed your driving test?

R_x

Reaction score
I know there's the thread about learning to drive but thought I'd do a separate one as it's more for people who have passed.

Few questions:
How long did it take?
How many lessons did you need?
How many tests did it take?
Did you practice in your own car or
just have lessons?

Just trying to figure out how quick I could maybe do it :flower:

Nov-May
No idea how many i was doing them in blocks of 10 though.
Passed 2nd time.

Ten years
Hundreds
Passed on 6th attempt
Good luck xx

Another question i just thought.
Did you practice in your car (if you had one)
Or just on lessons? :flower:

Went through 3 old bangers and practiced a lot in my car x

Started in Jan, had my test in Dec (which I failed) But passed in Feb, think I had about a lesson a week.

11 months to pass
Passed on my second attempt
Had lessons for about 8 months then practiced in my own car.
Had maybe 25 lessons an hour each.
I could have passed sooner but it took ages to get an appointment for my second test.

It took me 12 1hr lessons, 2 lessons a week. I had my own car and was out twice in it. Passed my test 1st time x

Can you do your test in your own car or does it have to be your driving instructors? Xx

2 years, 2 instructors (first one was not teaching me anything just going around the same block for a year and a half!) Passed first go! :flower: Practised once in my Dads car but with him in car i got out of the car because dad was screaming at me and walked off

I had 28 1 hour lessons with an instructor

Practised in my mums car too

Took around 5 months to pass

Passed 1st time

Can yOu do test
In your own car?? :flower:

I took 13 hours of lessons between the October of my 17th birthday and the following February. Passed first time. I also practiced in my dad's car.
I think you can take the test in your own car as long as you fit an additional mirror for the examiner but I'm sure if you go to the dvla website it will tell you.
I suddenly feel very old as I've just realised it's getting on for 20 years since I passed my test - eeek!!

Thanks would be so much easier to do it in our car so I could book test without seeing if they can make it too :flower:

Well, I started when I was 17. Did 10 lessons and did not progress. It was awful. I stopped. Did 10 lessons again and in my first lesson the new instructor had me on fast 'proper roads'. From then on I progressed really well.

So total of 20 lessons.
3-4 months.
Passed 3rd attempt.
Also practiced a few times in my own car.

Yes you can take test in your own car, it must have valid mot insurance etc (think they ask for proof of this) also must have a mirror for the examiner (£5 off ebay). It would be so much easier if your in the habit of driving your own car, you will know the controls better iykwim.

Yeah I wouldn't take the test in our car haha, ten year old bag of shite I can barely get it moving the clutch is horrid that's the problem with learner cars too spoilt lol x

I know there's the thread about learning to drive but thought I'd do a separate one as it's more for people who have passed.

Few questions:
How long did it take?
How many lessons did you need?
How many tests did it take?
Did you practice in your own car or
just have lessons?

Just trying to figure out how quick I could maybe do it :flower:

wow this was a long time ago so I can't really remember much.

I had lessons for about a year and a half but had about 4 months of no lessons in that time as I was very busy with college work.

It took me 2 attempts to pass. I failed first time with the emergency stop, I made the tyres smoke haha. Passed second time though.

I drove my mums car every day to and from college so got plenty of practise in between lessons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->