How long...

mrswichman

Mommy to 2 boys <3
Reaction score
hey ladies... i know i said i misscarried...but im just not convinced....when i went in for my ultrasound...the woman did it so fast me nor my husband could focus really on what was going on...felt like 3 sec in she said no heartbeat...

How long did it take your ultrasound person to find your baby's heartbeat on the first visit...

It is quick... they know what to look for so basically if they dont see it right away, it is usually confirmed :( I even knew when I went in for mine, as soon as they hooked it up, this was my fourth baby, I know what to look at and I saw a black space, with no pulsing... I knew :cry: I am so sorry for your loss but if you feel like it may be a mistake and is something worth looking into, I would call the dr. Did you have any bleeding or anything?

well there was no black space the baby looked whole...

Oh yes I mean where the heart is... Mine was a full complete baby. 4 months pg, but where the little heart is supposed to be beating away, was just a black area with no pulse.

i wsnt able to focus enough to see the baby long enough with the screen being so far away in the first place it was near the ceiling...

you could always ask for a second scan. I did when I lost my baba at 16 weeks. I think it was probably because I was about to take the abortion pill so I just wanted to double check! They should have spoken to you a bit more about it, call your midwife x

so sorry hun... they are pretty well able to tell but what they did with me was call in a doctor to confirm as i was 22weeks so they checked a few times. if you want a second scan your more than entitled to it hun xxxxxxxx :hugs:

I'm sorry sweetie. They usually can tell right away. The first ultrasound tech left the room to get another tech, who took several pictures before she looked at me and said his heart had stopped beating. :( It was the most heart breaking moment. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

i feel like i didnt see the screen unpaused from her taking measurements...and they are still just so small at 8 weeks... take a minute before u come to a conclusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->