How long...

princess_bump

Happy Wife & Mumma!
Reaction score
can you keep home made purées in the freezer?
and how long in the fridge, freshly made and after defrosting?
and do you just heat them in the microwave?

thanks guys x

Hiya hun...

As soon as iv made my purees i wait for them to cool down anmd freeze them asap. I put them in icecube trays then put them in sealed freezer bags.

I make sure that all the freshly made purees and defrosted purees are used within 24hours withing the fridge. I usuallt take them out of the freezer the night before and use them the next day. They are always used before 24hours.

I heat in the microwave until it is piping hot...however check for hot spots in the purees if you do...you find that there are bits that are really hot...You can also use a sauce pan...

Hope that helps hun...

All info i have is thanks to Annabel Karmel and Sam's mum :) xxx

only just seen this, thanks soooooooo much sweetie :) i did think 24 hours but was unsure, thank you x

i's say use within 48 hours if vege/fruit but maybe shorter for meats.
AS for teh freezer i'd imagine 3 months or so but i'm not sure - my LO alwys eats them within a couple of weeks before i cook another batch.

I heat purees in microwave until teh required temp - stirring lots. i personally dont heat veges and fruit to piping hot just to eating temp - i think the risk of poisoning generally comes from meat and we're not to that stage yet. Fruit etc can be eaten cold or at room temperature anyway. Just make sure all the bits and pieces you use while preparing the foods in the first place are clean and sterile - i generally put what I can in my steam steriliser or run metal spoons etc in boiling water. I often boil water in a pan to clean the pan and use that to whisk up the purees in instead of a bowl. Its a bit of a faff but it's important.

i's say use within 48 hours if vege/fruit but maybe shorter for meats.
AS for teh freezer i'd imagine 3 months or so but i'm not sure - my LO alwys eats them within a couple of weeks before i cook another batch.

I heat purees in microwave until teh required temp - stirring lots. i personally dont heat veges and fruit to piping hot just to eating temp - i think the risk of poisoning generally comes from meat and we're not to that stage yet. Fruit etc can be eaten cold or at room temperature anyway. Just make sure all the bits and pieces you use while preparing the foods in the first place are clean and sterile - i generally put what I can in my steam steriliser or run metal spoons etc in boiling water. I often boil water in a pan to clean the pan and use that to whisk up the purees in instead of a bowl. Its a bit of a faff but it's important.

i do the same sweetie :) thanks so much honey for your advice :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->