How many bottles/oz per day for 9mo old

Brz04

Reaction score
Our LO is now taking 3 meals of baby food plus taking 5-6 bottles per day! Morning and bedtime bottles are 8oz but he is wanting to eat 6oz bottles every 3hrs during the day! Should we make all bottles 8oz and see if he will space more time between bottles or drop one this way?? I'm just worried he will take 5-6 8oz bottles then!! Isn't this too much formula for one day?

From 9-12 months it says a minimum of 21oz per day, my lo is on 3 x 7oz bottles plus breakfast, dinner, tea and snacks. Because my ds is only taking 3 bottles now I still offer bottle before food, is there a possibility to offer the food first then the bottle after the food?

All babies are different and if he's genuinely hungry, I'd say let him have as much as he needs. At 9 months, my daughter went from having 5 to 4 bottles a day (she dropped the night feed) and by 10-11 months it was down to 3. She was fed on demand and I made no conscious effort to encourage her to drop bottles it just happened. Most babies really pick up the amount of solids they eat around 9-10 months, so I'd say expect to see that happen soon and when it does, he'll likely want less milk. If he's eating solids well, then he knows what he's doing. I'd just go with the flow and wait for him to let you know what he needs. It doesn't sound like too much to me. He's still little and I think you'll see a lot will change in the next couple months.

at 9 months, B was having 3 bottles (11am, 3pm and bedtime) she dropped her night feed (mostly) around this time too.

Now at 11 months, she has 2 - morning and bedtime. she still occasionally has a night feed. I would say feed him if he is genuinely hungry. My mum used to complain that I fed B too much (when she was on 3 bottles and 3 meals) but since she started crawling she has really slimmed down and I am now worried I don't feed her enough. She has a small drink of cows milk and a snack at 3pm instead of a bottle but quite often she will happily go without it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->