How many calories a day are you on?

threebirds

Reaction score
Im on my first ever 'diet', and trying to go from 14st (size 18) to 12st. I really need to get my bmi under 30.

We've been ttc for 2yrs, we both have some fertility problems but we have managed to get preg once but sadly that ended at 13wks.

If I to get ivf/icsi on nhs then bmi needs to be under 30. So that's good motivation.

Im using My Fitness Pal, watching what I eat, trying to get a good balance (im a vegetarian) and exercising (mostly walking, some wii fit & exercise dvds).

I am wondering what daily calorie intake others are aiming for, and what kind of level is realistic & sustainable. Most of my fat is round my belly.

Im aiming for 1200 calories a day but do go over this 2-3 days of the week. But overall managing quite well. I had no weightloss for the first 2-3 wks but now it is coming off. Prob losing about a lb a wk.

Would love to hear from others about what you're doing and what you think of my approach!

Thanks xx

Im guess on av it would be 300 cals breakfast, 400 cals lunch, 500 cals dinner with any snack or excess counterbalanced with exercise. But I'm not that consistent! Although I am beginning to see how people can get obsessed with it all. For me this is good tho as it beats spending all my time obsessing about ttc which is beyond my control & focussing on something that is within my control - my weight. Sorry I think I am now sounding like a control freak but ttc does take its toll. Anyway would love to hear from other ladies x

Before I got pregnant and was dieting I was aiming for 2100 a day. I weighed 183 lbs and am 5'11".

Now that I am pregnant I am staying at around 2600 a day but sometimes I go over.

1200 is quite low if you are exercising too as you are likely to get a burn that takes you under 1000. Myfitnesspal is ace though :thumbup:

I you don't exercise then i'd say 1200 is good. It depends what you ate before cause if you drop your calories by too much too quickly you may go into starvation mode x

Sorry, ive only just seen this! Yes, i Need one, ive fallen off the wagon and into a pile of chocolate
Aw thanks :)

1200 is quite low if you are exercising too as you are likely to get a burn that takes you under 1000. Myfitnesspal is ace though :thumbup:

Thanks :) i know 1200 sounds low, it is my target including extercise - so if i eat 1500 cals i try to burn off 300 if that makes sense. I do go over a couple of days each wk. But i agree MFP is great. I've lost a stone in about 10wks, so just got to keep with it!
Good luck ladies x

I have my mfp goal set to 1200 a day but allways eat more than taht because i exercise and eat back my exercise calories. If i didnt do that id never manage im starving all the time.

Exercise wise ie been doing 30 day shred every day and running every other day.

Good luck

Well done Raven - 41 lb so far is brill :)
How long did that take?

I've lost about 18lb in 10 wks.

Good luck ladies x

Well done Raven - 41 lb so far is brill :)
How long did that take?

I've lost about 18lb in 10 wks.

Good luck ladies x

thank you
i lost the first 30lbs in about 3 months from end of june last year but i fell off the wagon for a few monts over winter and started up again at the end of january but only got serious in the last few weeks, im hoping to lose 3lbs a week.

18lb in 10 weeks is brilliant :happydance:

My target without exercise is 1400, but on the days I exercise if I'm still hungry I'll eat anywhere from 1400-1800. I try to exercise at least 5-6 days a week. So far I've lost 26 lbs!

I'm really REALLY new to this whole calorie thing. Myfitnesspal tells me I can have 1400, so I will go with that. And apparently with exercise I burn around 400, but I seem to eat that back... o_O

I just started watching what I eat Tuesday last week, hence "really REALLY new" lol. I played with my eating quite a bit, one day last week I consumed under 1000 calories, and the day after that I consumed only around 600-700 calories... I figured out this probably wasn't a good idea? I was so hungry the whole day. So now I've upped it. =D

Hoping to shed some weight, we'll see how it goes.

I keep changing it, :haha:

I'm at 1740 cals a day now, and staying there for the time being :)

I'm really REALLY new to this whole calorie thing. Myfitnesspal tells me I can have 1400, so I will go with that. And apparently with exercise I burn around 400, but I seem to eat that back... o_O

I just started watching what I eat Tuesday last week, hence "really REALLY new" lol. I played with my eating quite a bit, one day last week I consumed under 1000 calories, and the day after that I consumed only around 600-700 calories... I figured out this probably wasn't a good idea? I was so hungry the whole day. So now I've upped it. =D

Hoping to shed some weight, we'll see how it goes.

Always make sure you eat back most/all of your exercise calories, and don't eat below 1200 cals. Not good for you!

Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?

Also, are you joined to MFP? They'll usually do all the numbers for you.

Try eating 1700 cals and see how you feel.

ETA - Oh, and get yourself a heart rate monitor. Both MFP and exercise machines overestimate calorie burn, but HRM are much more accurate. I picked up a good one for £12.99! Lemme know if you want the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->