How many calories a day are you on?

I'm really REALLY new to this whole calorie thing. Myfitnesspal tells me I can have 1400, so I will go with that. And apparently with exercise I burn around 400, but I seem to eat that back... o_O

I just started watching what I eat Tuesday last week, hence "really REALLY new" lol. I played with my eating quite a bit, one day last week I consumed under 1000 calories, and the day after that I consumed only around 600-700 calories... I figured out this probably wasn't a good idea? I was so hungry the whole day. So now I've upped it. =D

Hoping to shed some weight, we'll see how it goes.

Always make sure you eat back most/all of your exercise calories, and don't eat below 1200 cals. Not good for you!

Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?

Also, are you joined to MFP? They'll usually do all the numbers for you.

Try eating 1700 cals and see how you feel.

ETA - Oh, and get yourself a heart rate monitor. Both MFP and exercise machines overestimate calorie burn, but HRM are much more accurate. I picked up a good one for £12.99! Lemme know if you want the link.

Thank you! I definitely didn't feel good doing that, I felt so woozy and just so hungry all day. I'm doing about 1900 calories right now, I feel like this is too much?! I am signed up for MFP, how off do you think they are on calories burnt during exercise? I've been relying on this thing! Ugghh. I've lost a pound so far, and I will weigh in again on Monday, so we'll see how it's working out. Today I consumed just under 1400, and had 533 left over because I did more exercise than expected. I hope it's not really really off.

Thanks for the suggestion about the HRM. I'll look into on ASAP! I'm actually in Canada, so I'll just pop in somewhere local.

What's TDEE? BMR is about 1779, so should I aim to for about that?

Ive only had 600 cals today, hoping for a loss this week

I'm on 1300 a day. A low gi diet does help but it's not easy. I do go over but that's usually at weekends as I use these as my treat period where I'm more relaxed about what I eat.

Regular exercise is a must though, just controlling my diet was not enough to shed my baby fat so I'm on the exercise bike about 3 times a week when the my little one is sleeping and use resistance bands to tone up.

I'm really REALLY new to this whole calorie thing. Myfitnesspal tells me I can have 1400, so I will go with that. And apparently with exercise I burn around 400, but I seem to eat that back... o_O

I just started watching what I eat Tuesday last week, hence "really REALLY new" lol. I played with my eating quite a bit, one day last week I consumed under 1000 calories, and the day after that I consumed only around 600-700 calories... I figured out this probably wasn't a good idea? I was so hungry the whole day. So now I've upped it. =D

Hoping to shed some weight, we'll see how it goes.

Always make sure you eat back most/all of your exercise calories, and don't eat below 1200 cals. Not good for you!

Have you calculated your BMR and TDEE?

Also, are you joined to MFP? They'll usually do all the numbers for you.

Try eating 1700 cals and see how you feel.

ETA - Oh, and get yourself a heart rate monitor. Both MFP and exercise machines overestimate calorie burn, but HRM are much more accurate. I picked up a good one for £12.99! Lemme know if you want the link.

Thank you! I definitely didn't feel good doing that, I felt so woozy and just so hungry all day. I'm doing about 1900 calories right now, I feel like this is too much?! I am signed up for MFP, how off do you think they are on calories burnt during exercise? I've been relying on this thing! Ugghh. I've lost a pound so far, and I will weigh in again on Monday, so we'll see how it's working out. Today I consumed just under 1400, and had 533 left over because I did more exercise than expected. I hope it's not really really off.

Thanks for the suggestion about the HRM. I'll look into on ASAP! I'm actually in Canada, so I'll just pop in somewhere local.

What's TDEE? BMR is about 1779, so should I aim to for about that?

Of course you would, hun. The other day, I only had 1,000 or so calories because I was so heartbroken over OH that I would feel sick when I ate, but I was also so hungry!

And don't worry, I also felt worried about the cals when I first started, but it was fine and I am losing. You'll relax soon, don't worry. However, they are very off on the exercise, hence why I would suggest a HRM.

Your TDEE should be on MFP, if you click on goals. You can also find online calculators :)

Sorry for my late reply, and HTH!

i feel best eating around 1200

but ive been bored lately so i think ive been eating around 2000 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back