How many chemical pregnancies have you had?

Taima

Reaction score
Hey ladies.
I just had my second chemical pregnancy. I was surprised and totally not expecting it. I wont lie it made me worried about how many more losses i could have.

First pregnancy- chemical. Miscarried at 4w exaclty

Second pregnancy - BFP after 6 cycles. Healthy and happy 7 month old baby boy.

Third pregnancy- chemical miscarried at 4w+2d.

I didnt think it was going to happen again. Maybe coincidence? A doctor once told me that the most likely reason for chemicals are sperms with abnormalities fertilitzing the egg. My husband smokes 1 pack of cig per day.

I would like to know your experience with chemicals and whether you or your hubby smoke. List your chemical pregnancy (s) and any successful pregnancies. And anything else youd think is important.

Sorry for your losses. :hugs:

Bfp October 24th, 2013 resulted in my ds. Took us 8 years to get pregnant.

One suspected miscarriage in August 2008.

Chemical Feb 2016

Chemical May 2016

Doctor said most likely chromosomal abnormability.

My husband quite smoking over 4 years ago so I'm quite sure that was not the issue.

I have been tested for the common reasons for recurrent miscarriage and I came back clear. I do have pcos so I know I'm more prone to miscarriage so there is that.

1st pregnancy was a chemical 4+2. Next two were healthy. After that a loss at 9 weeks. Now 33 weeks pregnant.

Chemical pregnancies are unfortunately pretty common. Some ladies do seem to be more prone to them than others. After two its hard to say if it was just unfortunate or something specific. Chances are it was just an unfortunate coincidence, especially as you had one healthy baby in between. OH has never smoked. I put my two losses down to my age. I am 37 soon so my chances of a loss are quite high.

Sorry for your losses. Hugs.

I had a chemical pregnancy in November 2011. Tested positive on CD24, positives got a little fainter over the next few days, period started on CD28. We waited a few months, then in March 2012 I saw a BFP and it became a healthy pregnancy that led to my son.

I had another chemical just last month. This one was really short-lived. I thought I felt implantation pains at 8 DPO. On 10 DPO, I started spotting and saw an extremely faint maybe-positive. On 11 DPO, my period started, but that morning I saw a faint but unmistakable positive. Very short-lived.

My husband doesn't smoke at all, we're pretty boring and don't really drink much or anything. I think they're just unfortunately common.

It hurts though ... I'm so sorry. I've read that plenty of doctors don't even count chemicals as miscarriages when it comes to detecting a recurring problem. But that doesn't make it any less disappointing.

We've been ttc for 7 months and I've had 1 CP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->