How many episiotomies?

Sbrown180187

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I had an episiotomy when I had my son then went on to have two refashioning operations due to complications with the original episiotomy then with the first refashioning op. Does anyone know if I would have to have another episiotomy I have quite a bit of scar tissue and after the last op I was told I may have to have a c-section if I wanted more children? Does anyone have any more insight they can give me as I'm currently ttc and I'm getting more nervous thinking about it X

Didn't want to read and run but I don't have much to add.

I had an episiotomy with DD but my recovery was fine. Hope someone else can help x

I didn't have an episiotomy with my son, I tore badly, but then had the be cut and re stitched at 7 weeks and then again at 4 months pp. with my daughter they gave me an episiotomy as I had so much scar tissue and it doesn't stretch but I still tore as it was such a traumatic birth. Ended up in theatre straight after birth. But I'm pregnant again now and although I may need a c section for medical reasons it's nothing to do with my tear or scar tissue. It's to do with the internal damage that happened during getting my dd out. Never heard of it being a reason for a section before, unless it was a third/fourth degree tear that caused extreme damage. I wouldn't stress over it though, sure your doctor will know what's best for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->