How many...Flips

Scampie

Mummy to Sam and Finn!
Reaction score
We have fallen in love with our flips, but still only have the day pack. 2x covers and 6 x inserts, plus i got an organic insert for nighttime.

How many inserts would you suggest would be good for full time flipping :D Also, has anyone found a need for more than 2 covers?

we have 6 flip covers and 17 inserts (8 organic/7 stay dry with 3 additional weehugger covers)
They easily see me through 2 + days if i wanted them too. (i have a large stash of loads of different sorts)
You do need more covers as teething and weaning come in. I find every nappy change at the mo is a dirty one so i'm turning to my pocket nappies as i wouldn't want to be caught short without enough wraps at the mo.

I have 5 covers (used to be 6 - not sure where one has gotten too.) and about 16/17 inserts, mix of SD and organic, If I really wanted to this would be enough to be f/t (except nights) with me washing every 2nd day,
But like Littlestar, with weaning and teething, the majority of our nappies are dirty ones at the moment so I'm thankful for the rest of my stash.

I have 9 outers and 21 stay dry inserts. That has been enough to wash every third day since Leyla was about 6 months old. When she was younger than that, I washed every other day so it was enough for wearing for 2 days plus the time it took for them to dry. I don't use them for night times.

If you don't think you'll need many more outers and want to save a bit of money, you could get some Econobum outers for spares. They're the same size and shape but they don't have the flaps to tuck the inserts under. They fit the Flip inserts perfectly or their own cotton inserts (like the organic ones only not quite as soft or organic) are pretty good too. They're plain white and thinner (so you can often see through to a patterned fitted underneath) but you get get ones with coloured trim which are nice.

imo definitely need more than 2 covers...if LO does a poo a day then you'd need more than 2! (even if the poo isnt on the cover I put it for the wash- if its only been pee'd in then I air it then re-use)

Honestly a rotation of 2 covers a day would do...but more than a day you may need 3 or 4.

Inserts- that really can only be answered by how much your LO wee's! And how often you currently get out of one insert!

I have 4 day packs, so i have 8 outers and 24 liners, I use 2 outers per day on a rotation (unless one gets covered in poo!). I find this is plenty and i only have to wash every 3rd day or so.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->