how many layers to wrap LO in during this cold weather

fairy1984

Reaction score
Hi all,

As we're all having winter babies, I wondered what people were planning for when they take their little ones out? I realised this morning how chilly it is outside and as they'll be laying flat and not moving around that they could get pretty chilly quickly.

so is this suitable....

long sleeved vest
sleepsuit/romper over the top
cardigan
pramsuit/snowsuit
blanket

or am i being overly cautious and will make my baby overheat?

I still havent had the baby yet but am just thinking ahead :)

That sounds fine.I'll probably be putting baby in about the same although maybe just vest,sleepsuit,snowsuit and blanket.
Generally as a rule you should put a baby in one more layer of clothing than you have on :) x

sounds good but id add another couple of blankets. better to have to much and u can take it off if babas to hot. i had my last daughter in april, and had that on her with 2 blankets and it was never enough, her wee lips always went blue, i needed far more than i realised

i was thinking;

long sleeved and legged vest/romper thingy
thick wooly snow suit type thing with hood
blanket

is that not enough??

it depends what you are doing really, if you are out for long then wrapping up is great but be careful if you are going shopping coz the chances are you will be in the heat most of the time

i always put a vest and clothes on mine, with a snowsuit over the top - if its reaaly freezing you can add blankets under the footmuff as long as you whip them off when you go inside

You will find that snowsuits can be very warm! Its normally a vest, sleepsuit, snowsuit and blanket for us, and shes still cosy when i open up the snowsuit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->