How many maternity pads....on average?

sue_88

Reaction score
I appreciate it's different for everyone but roughly how many maternity pads will be needed after birth?!

I've bought 30 so far....and had fairly average periods beforehand if that makes a difference.

Planning physiological 3rd stage.

I needed a lot more than I expected, and all night time ones! I only bought one of those packs that have two layers in. But I needed atleast three of those double packs, especially in the first week! I also had a couple of packs of normal pads but there was a point where liners would have been better. And I don't think I had bleeding as heavy as some get it!

I think you will need a lot more than 30. From what I read the bleedings lasts about 6 weeks, with the first two being the heavy ones.

Ive got about 40 so far and last time I found the best ones were mothercare ones. They were the only ones I could find with wings lol xx

I only used about 30 ish before going onto heavy flow pads. I bleed for 3.5 weeks. so not everyone bleeds for the whole 6 weeks x

I have bought Kotex for the first few days (they say on the back they are recommended for post natal use) and I am buying some naty pads for after that. I would say get at least 80 though make sure at least half of them are normal period pads that are suitable for maternity use too then if you don't use them all you're not lumbered with pads you can never use. Xx

I bought the mothercare big pack of them last time, think there's about 50 in there. I bled for just under 2 weeks and used them all. x

I went through about 10 a day in the first few days, then maybe 7 a day after a week. I bled for about 3 weeks I think, with quite moderate bleeding. My periods were very heavy pre-DS.

Ive got about 40 so far and last time I found the best ones were mothercare ones. They were the only ones I could find with wings lol xx

Ooo are these like heavy night time ones but with wings? I might not have gone through so many if they hadn't kept leaking!

I thought general advice was to not have winged pads (issues with them rubbing when area is sore)? I've just bought 40 of the Boots ones - can send my fiancee out for more if needs be.

I got through about 30 in the first couple of weeks. Bleeding really decreased after that but was heavy especially during the first week due to breastfeeding. My little one will be 3 weeks old on Saturday and my bleeding is now minimal enough to just use panty liners...

Last time I bled heavily for about 10 days, the medioca for another week, then light for about 3.

As long as you have enough for your first week (anticipate heavy bleeding) you can always get more, or just normal sanitary pads once the bleeding lightens.

I used maternity pads and night time sanitary pads for the first couple of weeks (about 6 a day at a guess), the used 'normal' sanitary pads for the next week and a bit, then switched to panty liners.

Ive bought 5 normal sized packets i think theres 10 in each so 50 i think thats about what i used last time before i could just use normal sized pads i only bleed for 2 weeks last time i will just send mum or hubby out for more if needed

Silly question from USA- what the heck is a maternity pad? We don't have them here. Just the big pads they give you at the hospital, them you just get normal menstrual pads (heavy flow). I've had two kids and no problems using those. They actually have maternity specific pads?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->