how many nappies needed for full time?

henny

mum to two beautiful boys
Reaction score
hopefully Lo will be wearing cloth nappies by the end of the week but how many will i need full time? :shrug:
cant wait to put him into cloths, he is getting sore with disposables and hv said that as i change him when ever his nappy is slightly wet the nappy is drawing moisture (sp) from his skin! therefore making him sore so will need to put vasoline on his skin- will this happen with cloth? hope this all makes sense :wacko:

It will depend on how often u put a wash on and if u use a dryer etc. A good number to start with is 15 in my opinion, then u can see if u need more.
As for nappy rash u'll notice they'll prob go away when using cloth nappies :)

I had 20 AIO when Izzy was that age and that was PLENTY - in fact 5/6 of them never got used. SO I think 15 is a good number.

My machine does half loads which I used on a quick 30degree wash, took about 40 mins. I would wash like 10 or so at a time so I still had time to dry them before the others had been used.

It also depends on their night habits I think, Izzy slept 12 hours so she wore sposies at night - maybe if they are waking you would need more as I would change if they woke maybe?

Il have 17 by the end of the week-fingers crossed, i plan to line dry but have a tumble dryer if weather isnt good. Alexander still wakes a couple of times a night so him being in a wet nappy for long isnt a problem :coffee: i sadly donot have a washine machine that does half loads :nope:

Il have 17 by the end of the week-fingers crossed, i plan to line dry but have a tumble dryer if weather isnt good. Alexander still wakes a couple of times a night so him being in a wet nappy for long isnt a problem :coffee: i sadly donot have a washine machine that does half loads :nope:

that sounds a good amount!

I say 15. I had a two day rotation going, I don't have a tumble drier so I needed this to get my bamboo dry.

Day 1: LO wears nappies 1-5
Day 2: LO wears nappies 6-10 Night :wash nappies 1-10

Day 3: LO wears nappies 11-15
Day 4: LO wears nappies 1-5 Night: wash nappies 11-15 and 1-5

Day 5: LO wears nappies 6-10......
etc etc

I say 15. I had a two day rotation going, I don't have a tumble drier so I needed this to get my bamboo dry.

etc etc

Thats my method too - but you explained it much better :winkwink:

etc etc

Thats my method too - but you explained it much better :winkwink:

I get used to trying to explain it!!!:rofl:

that system makes sense :thumbup:

i'm i being thick! Or maybe jusy tired but i don't understand your method!!! I just think i'm not v good a learning from reading!!!

i'm i being thick! Or maybe jusy tired but i don't understand your method!!! I just think i'm not v good a learning from reading!!!

I'll try cos I do it them same!

Day 1: 5 dirty nappies
Day 2: 5 dirty nappies
Over Night :wash nappies those ^^^ 10 nappies and set to dry
(so there are 10 in the wash, 1 on the baby and 4 clean and ready to use)

By the morning the 10 we washed should be dry...but not to panic if they aren't cos we still have 3 clean ones
Day 3: 5 dirty nappies
Day 4: 5 dirty nappies
Over Night :wash nappies those ^^^ 10 nappies......................

and over again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->