How many ounces for 10 month old?

Pinkvc

Reaction score
I'm sure my HV told me LO needs 20oz milk per day until she's 12 months (I'm in the UK).

LO has been having 7oz when she wakes, 7oz before bed and 6oz mid afternoon (all formula). She's fully weaned - 3x meals plus the odd snack. The last week she's decided she doesn't want a bottle in the day! She'll take 1-2oz from a cup but that's it.

Should I make the other 2 bottles bigger and just stop the day milk?

She does have whole milk usually in her cereal/porridge, and some cheeses but she's not keen on yoghurts. Any advice?

Make the 2 bottles bigger if she'll take it, but you can't force her. My LO is EXACTLY the same and has been since 7 months, i was so worried at first but my HV said as long as she's having as much milk as you can get her to take plus cheese, yogurt (mine didn't like them for ages but does now - keep trying!), milky sauces, milk in porridge etc (it all counts) and is still gaining weight and is otherwise healthy then I wouldn't worry. I don't any more. I do try to get her to take juice and water to keep her hydrated, which im sure you do anyway :flower:

Thanks!

LO does drink LOADS of water, so not worried about keeping her hydrated. She also loves cheesy pasta sauces (with loads of veg mixed in), so she is getting some milk/cheese, but I'll definitely try her again with yoghurts.

I also make custard with the powder you can buy, the kind with no sugar, mixed with a few ounces of her formula and fruit puree, she loves it! Just keep doing what you're doing. I was so panicked about it until I realised that you can't do a thing about it except get it in her in other ways. Sounds like you're doing a great job with that xx

The 20oz can be made up with cheese, yoghurt, milk on cereal, so you can grate cheese into meals etc.

If she'll take more in her bottles I'd add another oz to them or you could try a cup of whole milk in the afternoon?

Keelan likes Greek yoghurt more than the fruity yoghurts if you haven't tried that?

Thanks staceylou, I really appreciate your advice! And relieved I'm not alone!!

Incubus - I haven't tried Greek yoghurt so I'll try that x

You're welcome Pinkvc :flower:

I've not tried greek yogurt either actually. Will try her on that too, thanks Incubus!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->