How many out of school clubs / sports?

tommyg

Mum to Smurf & TTC
Reaction score
I'm being curious DS starts school this year. He is currently 3 full days in preschool and does gymnastics and swimming.

Would it be too much to do school, afterschool 3 days, gymnastics, swimming and homework etc

No I don't think so! My lo is in year one and goes to school, does cheerleading on a wed, swimming on a Tue and dance on a sat. She gets homework on a Friday to do by the following wed.
I ask her regularly if she is enjoying all her activities and she is so until she tells me otherwise I am going to let her do them all.

I don't think it's too much as long as your LO is happy with that. Summer just does mini kickers ball sports on a monday after school. She did do gymnastics on a saturday but chose to stop. She's out playing with her friends most day after school.

This semester Omar went to piano (Sunday) & coding (Tuesday) at school, on Saturdays he goes to Quran & UCmas, on Sunday he had football after school (weekend is Friday, Saturday here), Tuesday basketball & Wednesday swimming. I get tired from commuting & moving from one place to another but he seems fine and he enjoys all his classes.

The semester ends today, he will still go to swimming & UCmas during the 2 weeks break, all the other activities are off for 2 weeks. He is asking to go to a sports club during the break.

We did loads of classes last year when he was in reception and he was also fine & enjoying them, once he starts complaining we will not force him to go, for us those classes are for fun & to be around children his age.

No homework to worry about but Maria is full time at daycare 5 days a week and does free play with the gym on Mondays and gymnastics on Thursdays and is begging to add another activity so we'll probably add in something in the autumn term as don't want to join a class mid-season.

My DD goes to daycare three days a week. (Pre-K) Next year she will be in full day kindergarten. Since last year she goes to one dance class, combo tap/ballet) and one acrobatics class. She plays t-ball in the spring, it's the only sport offered before regular school starts.

Next year, she will probably take up another dance class, pre-jazz. I also plan on adding Girl Scouts and Awana (Church club) to her activities. That seems like a ton. And she really does need swimming lessons too.

Mine does swimming and two dance classes. She needs the physical exercise after school, she's tired but needs to move after being stuck in a classroom all day. I've found any physical exercise, be it the park or a class, makes for a much happier little person. :thumbup:

Thanks ladies looks like he should be ok with it. I guess its a wait and see how he goes. Interesting someone commented their LO needs to be active after school.

We decided to not have any weekday clubs after school as he is in reception. He does swimming and football at the weekend. After school he is so exhausted - before starting school he did nursery and it was longish hours (815-530) but with school he is so tired. In year one we will probably start up one club - he wants to do martial arts - on a Monday or Wednesday and see how that goes x

I think it depends on the child - as long as they seem happy, not overly tired and it's not affecting their school work/concentration then there isn't really a limit. DS' school doesn't have after school clubs until year 1 so we're waiting on that. He currently does swimming and football on the weekend and will be starting piano lessons after he turns 6 in Autumn, we'll probably swap football for the school club in September so it frees up time in the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->